Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

On 3/1/2016 at 1:17 AM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

JESUS CHRIST guys, look the size of the lines to buy tickets to the PRE RELEASE of the local blockbuster: Os Dez Mandamentos

I never saw something like this, it will be released at the end of month and already sold 20 tickets per minute, the OW record is going down :o:o:o 

I'm skeptical, never heard of it.

On 3/1/2016 at 9:49 PM, xSabrinax said:

I saw the entire thing on TV, and loved it. I'm defenitely watching the movie. :wub:

I know my father will like the Red Sea scene. :D

You really love religious movies in Brazil :o

On 3/1/2016 at 9:53 PM, xSabrinax said:

No, SW7 no. But I finally saw the original trilogy.

Oh? And? :) 

5 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

JESUS CHRIST, Os Dez Mandamentos already sold 400k tickets:

cinepop.com.br/recorde-os-dez-mandamentos-ja-vendeu-400-mil-ingressos-antes-de-estrear-110399

what was the old record? SW with 500k? It will be destroyed :o:o:o 

Is it related somehow to the telenovela?

11 hours ago, Kraken said:

I've heard about it, yeah. Is it like a spin-off or the final or something? Why is it getting a theater release?

Actually, I don't know too, from what I read, it seems that they're releasing the whole TV show in a compacted movie with some "exclusive scenes", but I'm surprised that it is also popular in Colombia! 

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Actually, I don't know too, from what I read, it seems that they're releasing the whole TV show in a compacted movie with some "exclusive scenes", but I'm surprised that it is also popular in Colombia! 

Well, I don't know if it is popular. I know it exists because of a couple of articles using it to highlight social reactionary behaviour in Brazil (not saying the show itself is, just that it stands in opposition to Globo's more progressive products) but I'm not usually too aware of what's on daytime tv here, which is where a foreign show would be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kraken said:

Well, I don't know if it is popular. I know it exists because of a couple of articles using it to highlight social reactionary behaviour in Brazil (not saying the show itself is, just that it stands in opposition to Globo's more progressive products) but I'm not usually too aware of what's on daytime tv here, which is where a foreign show would be.

I see! Yeah, (unfortunately) the only reason why this show became so big was because it was appealing to conservative families against a soap opera from Glob that suffered a lot of boycott because of a kiss between two lesbians, I have nothing against that TV Show, it's always good to see some competition, but it's really sad to see that the only reason why it exploded, was because Brazilians are so fucking hypocrites 

37 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I see! Yeah, (unfortunately) the only reason why this show became so big was because it was appealing to conservative families against a soap opera from Glob that suffered a lot of boycott because of a kiss between two lesbians, I have nothing against that TV Show, it's always good to see some competition, but it's really sad to see that the only reason why it exploded, was because Brazilians are so fucking hypocrites 

Meh. Let them enjoy their bubble. It won't will away real life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Shades Of Blue premiered last night and was the biggest premiere for NBC in the timeslot in 7 years 

JLo, her power

Not to mention almost all critics praising her acting. Emmy Award, here we come

anigif_enhanced-buzz-28057-1398802361-23

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/shades-of-blue

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/shades-of-blue/s01/

flop at Cinema, Music, and now TV, Jesus Christ @Blur someone stop this woman 

• Like 1

I VERY happy for "Os Dez Mandamentos" selling 400.000 tickets in only 6 days. I hope it breaks BD2 record.

But I'm also sad because it means that I can't see it on opening weekend. I'll have to wait for it's second weekend or even third. :(

Edited by xSabrinax