Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

Hmmm I don't know if I will go on with the Russian and Brazil threads,I post quite a lot to keep the interest but people are clearly not interested in these threads,not that much.I mean,you don't need to do that for the Chinese,Japanese and Korean threads,people post quite a lot over there even when there is nothing going on.I'm a bit tired of trying,and I have a life anyway so no reason to do that.Well,I don't leave the forums but I will mostly post in the DOM threads from now on.That was fun but everything has to end.

Don't leave us!! We are always reading your posts!! 1541 posts and 45304 views here! It's not China but it's a success!!! ;) Edited by Henry II of Arendelle
  • Like 1

What a match.... Mexico gave a tough fight to Ned. I didnt expect that, even if I always thought Netherlands would win.Im still happy for Mexico. After a disastrous qualification (one and a half minute more and Mexico wouldnt have been in the World Cup), he team rebounded and gave their best performance in a World Cup. Thanks in part to Miguel Herrera. Stay strong Mexicans!

Don't leave us!! We are always reading your posts!!

I will think about it,I thank you for your interest,you are a great poster here :DTo be honest I'm just disappointed about these two markets.Before 2012 Russia and Brazil were growing at a breakneck speed,destroying records on a regular basis and these countries were economically dynamic,so I was excited.But since then they strongly slowed their growth rate in terms of BO,and their economies are a far cry of the past,so the excitment is gone.Look at Russia,Avatar got 120m there,and despite the market grew since then movies have a hard time to reach 50m..In Brazil 30m is hard to pass,despite Avengers got 62m.So it's not amusing. Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

Hmmm I don't know if I will go on with the Russian and Brazil threads,I post quite a lot to keep the interest but people are clearly not interested in these threads,not that much.I mean,you don't need to do that for the Chinese,Japanese and Korean threads,people post quite a lot over there even when there is nothing going on.I'm a bit tired of trying,and I have a life anyway so no reason to do that.Well,I don't leave the forums but I will mostly post in the DOM threads from now on.That was fun but everything has to end.

Noooo. Don't leave. We truly value your input to these threads.
  • Like 4

I will think about it,I thank you for your interest,you are a great poster here :DTo be honest I'm just disappointed about these two markets.Before 2012 Russia and Brazil were growing at a breakneck speed,destroying records on a regular basis and these countries were economically dynamic,so I was excited.But since then they strongly slowed their growth rate in terms of BO,and their economies are a far cry of the past,so the excitment is gone.Look at Russia,Avatar got 120m there,and despite the market grew since then movies have a hard time to reach 50m..In Brazil 30m is hard to pass,despite Avengers got 62m.So it's not amusing.

Don't despair! The summer is just starting. Look at T4 for example, it's doing great in Russia. I can't wait to see how it does in Latin America!!! Also Maleficent is doing better than Alice in Russia and LA. It's true that there's not a movie like Avatar or The Avengers this year but I am still waiting for a surprise run like Frozen's in 2013 or Skyfall's in 2012.

Don't despair! The summer is just starting. Look at T4 for example, it's doing great in Russia. I can't wait to see how it does in Latin America!!! Also Maleficent is doing better than Alice in Russia and LA. It's true that there's not a movie like Avatar or The Avengers this year but I am still waiting for a surprise run like Frozen's in 2013 or Skyfall's in 2012.

Aha that's true :)I will tell everything tomorrow ;)
  • Like 1

I will think about it,I thank you for your interest,you are a great poster here :DTo be honest I'm just disappointed about these two markets.Before 2012 Russia and Brazil were growing at a breakneck speed,destroying records on a regular basis and these countries were economically dynamic,so I was excited.But since then they strongly slowed their growth rate in terms of BO,and their economies are a far cry of the past,so the excitment is gone.Look at Russia,Avatar got 120m there,and despite the market grew since then movies have a hard time to reach 50m..In Brazil 30m is hard to pass,despite Avengers got 62m.So it's not amusing.

Avatar earning and 3D are related

So I tried to think about it.One thing I'm sure about : I need to spend less time here given I'm increasingly busy and a bit blasé.So,how to do that?Well,I can't try to sustain 2 BO threads anymore.So I will strongly reduce my presence on the Russian thread,I won't give it up but I will post less on it.It can survive thanks to Juni anyway.I will refrain to post on many threads as well.Thanks to that I will be able to focus on the Brazil thread.Indeed I chose Brazil because this country is more populated than Russia (201m vs 142m) and a much younger population,meaning the market has much more room to grow and has more potential in the long run.Besides,I'm slowly learning Brazilian Portuguese and it could be good to know more about Brazil and what its inhabitants like :)And if I give it up this thread would probably end up like the Mexican thread :(I really hope Brazil will impress us in the near future,records need to be broken for God's sake! :D

• Like 2

Wait, where are the numbers? This thread is only about football?

Oh no.We put them when we have them.Sadly daily numbers are non-existant.

No official numbers yet. It's too early in Brazil right now. But according to deadline's Sunday estimates HTTYD2 was number 1 again doing $2.04m, -69% from last weekend, cume: $10.7m. Just below that, The Fault In Our Stars was number 2 doing $1.79m (-56%) for a local haul of $21.1m.

Edited by Henry II of Arendelle
  • Like 1

No official numbers yet. It's too early in Brazil right now. But according to deadline's Sunday estimates HTTYD2 was number 1 again doing $2.04m, -69% from last weekend, cume: $10.7m

What a terrible drop for Dragon 2!!! :(20m is dead :( Edited by Fullbuster