Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

4 hours ago, Claudio said:

It's alright. I understand that. Same thing happens in my country. We don't have any box office systems so it's hard to track a movies performance. Just local movie which has total admissions listed... Our only reliable sources is The Numbers and Deadline ( if we're lucky ).

Anyway , I'm glad that this doing relatively good in Brazil so far and I will wait for the weekend numbers to get a better idea about its performance.

Also Nice job Fullbuster with your daily updates that makes this thread alive!! :bravo:

Thank you :) I know that Brazil has a real potential when it comes to box office, and in 2012 it was REALLY impressive, without the terrible exchange rate that's a market people would be excited about, not like China but not far :P  So I hope the ER can improve in a significant way someday :)

As for Indonesia it's also very promising so I hope we'll have more statistics from this country someday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Thank you :) I know that Brazil has a real potential when it comes to box office, and in 2012 it was REALLY impressive, without the terrible exchange rate that's a market people would be excited about, not like China but not far :P  So I hope the ER can improve in a significant way someday :)

As for Indonesia it's also very promising so I hope we'll have more statistics from this country someday.

Yep! Terrible ER affects every country 

:sadben:

As for Indonesia , we need to keep hoping it because box office are built on hope !!! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Claudio said:

Yep! Terrible ER affects every country 

:sadben:

As for Indonesia , we need to keep hoping it because box office are built on hope !!! 

That's terrible :( OS markets completely undermined by that, and even China is disappointing now..Let's hope that won't last.

OPENING WEEK NUMBERS FOR COMICBOOK MOVIES (IN ADMISSIONS AND WITHOUT PREVIEWS)

Captain America Civil War : 2,653,670

Batman vs Superman : 2,395,269

The Avengers Age of Ultron : 2,372,992

Suicide Squad : 2,112,000

Iron Man 3 : 1.837.064

Deadpool : 1,700,509

The Amazing Spiderman 2 : 1,664,000

The Avengers : 1.638.294

Doctor Strange : 1,619,000

X-Men Apocalypse : 1,296,000

X-Men Days of Future Past : 1,270,000

Thor The Dark World : 1.217.390

The Dark Knight Rises : 1.143.857

.Captain America The Winter Soldier : 1,106,000

The Amazing Spiderman : 985.963

The Wolverine : 973,000

Guardians of the Galaxy : 850,079

Ant-Man : 736,384

Fantastic Four 2015 : 687,826

Man of Steel : 677,000

Big Hero 6 : 494.226

I added Doctor Strange ;)

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:47 PM, terrestrial said:

Brazil box office hits record high in 2016

Wow thanks for that :D

I'm glad, +12% in local currency is really strong, and +8% in admissions is also great in that economy :o

With 185m admissions this year that means that 200m could be reached in 2017 or 2018. That would put Brazil on par with France and South Korea in admissions :)

• Like 1

TOP 10 Finde MinhaMãeÉUmaPeça2/ RogueOne/ Sing/ Sully/ AnimaisFantásticos/ VendedorSonhos/ AnjosNoite/ CapFantástico/ UltimRessaca/ Chegada

sadly also no numbers, but at least the ranks

#1 is this local movie (part 2), released at 22 December

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3212812/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

TOP 10 Finde MinhaMãeÉUmaPeça2/ RogueOne/ Sing/ Sully/ AnimaisFantásticos/ VendedorSonhos/ AnjosNoite/ CapFantástico/ UltimRessaca/ Chegada

Great result for a domestic film on top, also I love your Babylon 5 avatar. I love that show too and miss it very much.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Wow, Sing only third??? Very disappointing :o

1 hour ago, chrisman0606 said:

Great result for a domestic film on top, also I love your Babylon 5 avatar. I love that show too and miss it very much.

It's my favourite TV-series :wub:  I too miss it, and am saddened about how many actors and creatives have already died, so many way too early. I had hoped for a new film, but every time they got something together another actor out of the new scripts died... plus other reasons why the TV-films weren't that great or never got made. It is the only franchise I've read all books I am aware of and so on.

If I remember it right, Elessar too loves it and I think Tele likes it also. Tele even suggested to open a thread in the TV-are for it. Still not sure about that,as I guess the most will have closed the theme.

I love also Farscape, The Wire, Wiseguy (the series by Stephen F. Cannell), and Firefly/Serenity.

Also the Sharpe, Hornblower, and Sherlock (not every episode) TV-movie series or however to call those (loved the books since early childhood in the case of Hornblower and Sherlock, and Sharpe since they got released).

I like to varying degrees a lot of other series too, but I love those mentioned for their complexity and richness of their world building and so on

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

YEARLY ADMISSIONS IN BRAZIL

2001 : 75 million admissions

2002 : 91m

2003 : 105m

2004 : 117m

2005 : 94m

2006 : 90m

2007 : 89.3m

2008 : 89.1m

2009 : 113m

2010 : 135m

2011 : 142m

2012 : 149m

2013 : 151m

2014 : 157m

2015 : 171m

2016 : 185m

The strongest increase in 6 years :shades:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

It's my favourite TV-series :wub:  I too miss it, and am saddened about how many actors and creatives have already dies, so many way too early. I had hoped for a new film, but every time they got something together another actor out of the new scripts died... plus other reasons why the TV-films weren't that great or never got made. It is the only franchise I've read all books I am aware of and so on.

If I remember it right, Elessar too loves it and I think Tele likes it also. Tele even suggested to open a thread in the TV-are for it. Still not sure about that,as I guess the most will have closed the theme.

I love also Farscape, The Wire, Wiseguy (the series by Stephen F. Cannell), and Firefly/Serenity.

Also the Sharpe, Hornblower, and Sherlock (not every episode) TV-movie series or however to call those (loved the books since early childhood in the case of Hornblower and Sherlock, and Sharpe since they got released).

I like to varying degrees a lot of other series too, but I love those mentioned for their complexity and richness of their world building and so on

You should try the TV show The Expanse, it's from sci-fi books as well and it's really smart and beautiful :)

http://www.tvqc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/800x600_TheExpanse_S1_Keyart1.jpg