Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

14 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

Is that good?

3m would be honest, 4m would be relatively good. For a franchise that isn't famous in Brazil it's fine but nothing extraordinary though. With 4m at least it could reach 10m, with 3m that would be harder.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

This last Thursday :

Assassin's Creed was on top for its OD while Moana was second, ahead of the successful local movie that has fantastic legs : That means Moana is holding really well :)

Sadly Passengers is only 4th now.

That's all I need to hear, Moana is holding well!!

• Like 1

http://www.filmeb.com.br/noticias/distribuicao-producao/assassins-creed-lidera-em-seu-primeiro-dia

Assassin's Creed made R$ 3.1 million on opening day (Thursday).

Minha Mãe é uma Peça dropped 25% from last Thursday and reached 6 million in admissions. The studio is expecting it to end at 9 million, which would make it the 4th biggest local movie of all time - 3rd not counting Os Dez Mandamentos.

La La Land made R$ 254,000 in previews in 170 screens and with limited showtimes per screen.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

http://www.filmeb.com.br/noticias/distribuicao-producao/assassins-creed-lidera-em-seu-primeiro-dia

Minha Mãe é uma Peça dropped 25% from last Thursday and reached 6 million in admissions. The studio is expecting it to end at 9 million, which would make it the 4th biggest local movie of all time - 3rd not counting Os Dez Mandamentos.

La La Land made R$ 254,000 in previews in 170 screens and with limited showtimes per screen.

Wow. great for La la land. I see something near of $350k for the weekend

• Like 1

If my theater has any credibility, then La La Land should do massive numbers in Brazil, it was sold out, and it was the last show of the night! The public loved it, even clapped at the end.

About the movie: Such a magical experience, I don't even remember the last movie that I watched that gave me so many feelings, I left the movie with a tear in the eye and a song in my head. Masterpiece. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

You're finally back :P

So Assassin's Cred got $0.9m OD, $3.5-4m OW seems to be the target.

• Like 1

MOANA reached $11.1m this weekend, it's incredible : I personally expected to see it around $9.5m; meaning that the movie has fantastic legs and a great WOM, I'm amazed at Moana there, $20m is reachable and it will pass Rogue One next week :o

http://fr.web.img4.acsta.net/pictures/16/05/20/09/26/039823.png

ASSASSIN'S CREED HAD ITS OPENINGG WEEK THIS WEEKEND : It grossed $3.6m, a pretty good start, there is a possibility of reaching $10m but nothing certain though.

PS : OMG I just saw it got 17% on Rotten Tomatoes, that's absolutely terrible o_O

• Like 2