Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

57 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Exactly! The last time I had problems to buy a ticket, was during Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the Ring release. Since that, I haven't seen anything like what's happening to Infinity War.

Here in Rio de Janeiro, there are lots of Deadpool screenings selling fast ( even faster than Infinity War ), so that's a good thing. I'll probably buy a ticket soon. I'll also watch Infinity War for the third time, but unfortunately not tomorrow. :)

Waiting anxiously for Deadpool to go on sale around where I live to get my tickets as well! I can't wait.

My friend tried to watch IW today without reserving a ticket, arrived 1 hour earlier at the mall and everything was sold out for the day, poor gal had to buy one for tomorrow and even then her preferred times were full already.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So if IW did U$19.1M during the opening weekend, does it mean the movie grossed U$4.6M on monday? Whoa! That's the same as the previous OD record of JL. Amazing... 

And today is the holiday, so we're going to be close to U$30M after only 6 days! 

Looks like U$60M is going down... :ph34r:

EDIT: I'm not sure if the movie did 19.1 or 18.8 during the weekend, I read about 19.1 somewhere else. But if 18.8 is the true figure, this monday number is even more impressive.. U$4.9M, out of this world.

Edited by Humbgul
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 3

30 minutes ago, Humbgul said:

So if IW did U$19.1M during the opening weekend, does it mean the movie grossed U$4.6M on monday? Whoa! That's the same as the previous OD record of JL. Amazing... 

And today is the holiday, so we're going to be close to U$30M after only 6 days! 

EDIT: I'm not sure if the movie did 19.1 or 18.8 during the weekend, I read about 19.1 somewhere else. But if 18.8 is the true figure, this monday number is even more impressive.. U$4.9M, out of this world.

It was 19.1m, still crazy as hell !

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Humbgul said:

4.6m on a Monday in Brazil is completely crazy! Tuesday could be enough to make it reach $30m :o

• Like 2

Biggest Opening Weekends in Brazil in USD (As of April 2018)

The Avengers: Infinity War: $19.1m

Fate of the Furious : $13m

The Avengers Age of Ultron : $12.6m

Captain America Civil War : $12m

Furious 7 : 11.9m
Twilight BD2 : $11.8m

Suicide Squad : $11.75m
Iron Man 3 : 11.7m
Harry Potter DH2 : 11.6m
The Amazing Spiderman 2 : 11.1m

Beauty and the Beast (2017) : 11m
The Avengers : 10.8m
Twilight BD1 : 10.8m

Batman vs Superman : $10.6m

Justice League : $10.2m (4-day OW, for the 5-day OW : $14.2m)

Black Panther: $9.5m

Spider-Man Homecoming : 8.9m

Logan : $8.9m
Noah : 8.8m

Thor Ragnarok : 8.6m
X-Men DOFP : 8.4m
Pirates of the Caribbean 4 : 8.4m
Rio : 8.35m

Star Wars TFA : 8.2m

Despicable Me 3 : 8m
Tropa de Elite 2 : 7.9m

Jurassic World : 7.7m
Rio 2 : 7.6m

Wonder Woman : 7.4m

Fifty Shades Darker : 7.4m

Finding Dory : 7.4m

Minions : 7.35m

The Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt 1 : 7.3m
Harry Potter DH1 : 7.3m

Star Wars The Last Jedi : $7.2m

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 : 6.9m
Captain America The Winter Soldier : 6.9m
Madagascar 3 : 6.8m
How to Train Your Dragon 2 : 6.7m
Thor 2 : 6.7m
The Amazing Spiderman : 6.6m
Twilight Eclipse : 6.4m

Deadpool : 6.4m

Fantastic Beasts : 6.4m

X-Men Apocalypse : 6.3m
Batman The Dark Knight Rises : 6.25m
Shrek 4 : 6.2m
Ice Age 4 : 6.1m
Despicable Me 2 : 5.7m

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

With such a huge OW and great weekdays this second weekend thursday-sunday will be hard to predict... -50% would mean $9.5m and a $38.2m total, easily passing Black Panther.

But it could be $1m-$2m beyond that if the hype is that strong, enough to reach $40m or so. :o

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Brazil reached $28.7m this Tuesday. Huge but I thought it had a shot $30m..I guess this market reached its max capacity somehow..It must be close to R$95m.

40M in the first week is not great but outstanding 

So guys, I checked the exchange rate because I didn't do it in a while....and it reached its worst level since the crisis levels of 2016!!

It's really horrible, I'm not joking! Avengers IW reaching such a high OW in USD, far ahead of the rest, despite this horrible ER? It's a miracle at this point!

What does that means?

That means that IW only needs $42.5m to beat the all-time record in local currency!!!

1c3532a74ffcbfc964d312812bb7268f8447dd7b

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 3