Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Joyful $68.4M Tuesday total for those pesky emotions

8 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Another good Inside Out 2 day, $4.1M Tuesday for a $38.7M total, crossed 700M lc and it's very close to the all-time Top 20.

It's at number 21 of all time

20- Minions : 724,8M lc

21- Inside Out 2 : around 714M lc

22- Black Panther WF : 699,6M lc

Around 775-780M lc tomorrow between 16 and 18 of all time with Furious 7 and Toy Story 3

• Like 2

About 15% ahead of Super Mario Bros and already over Toy Story 4's first week.

Mon-Thu should finish with $290M compared to $250M of Woody and $220M of Mario. Both comps grossed around $250M on FSS. If Inside Out could replicate a similar weekend then we can assume $1.5B+ lifetime.

• Like 4

If anything, I think we already have our yearly winner. Would be the first time in 20 years that two animated features win their respective years back to back. That last time was 2003-2004 where Finding Nemo and Shrek 2 won respectively.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I guess 850M+ Week 1. 2nd weekend should be 300M type. Final 1750M? That be $95M. A month ago would have been $106M.

If by Week 1 you mean up to Thursday then probably yes but then $300M for FSS is too hard. I guess stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

$3.5M Wednesday for Inside Out 2, total is $42.2M - about 775M lc, just behind Toy Story 3's cume!

I did expected to drop from Tue but is a bit harsher; should drop again today and be up to $44.8M by Friday morning. After that maybe around $57M by the end of the weekend.

Edited by Carlangonz

2 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

I did expected to drop from Tue but is a bit harsher; should drop again today and be up to $44.8M by Friday morning.

He will be around 822M lc just above Minions 2 , 14th biggest movie of all time , 9th biggest Disney movie , 4th biggest animated movie .

Just now, Bob-omb said:

Mexico is quite a frontloaded market isnt it?. I think it will end in Top3 at the very least.

It is. But still Mario and Toy Story 4 had great legs depite their massive openings; Mario had a 3x multi which is no small feet considering it was from a 5-Day opening in the middle of what is perhaps the second or third most lucrative week of the year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

It is. But still Mario and Toy Story 4 had great legs depite their massive openings; Mario had a 3x multi which is no small feet considering it was from a 5-Day opening in the middle of what is perhaps the second or third most lucrative week of the year.

What might affect this weekend is that the Copa America starts and they play on sunday but there is nothing else on the movie theaters until july so maybe that can help.

- For the Mario case, many were (including myself) afraid that we were going to get another Mario movie from the 1990s. I have a childhood trauma from watching that on "canal 5" 

Edited by Bob-omb
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bob-omb said:

What might affect this weekend is that the Copa America starts and they play on sunday but there is nothing else on the movie theaters until july so maybe it can help.

Historically even boxing affects more than soccer with a few exceptions so I think it can get along well. Second weekend will tell us more about a potential final.

16 minutes ago, Bob-omb said:

What might affect this weekend is that the Copa America starts and they play on sunday but there is nothing else on the movie theaters until july so maybe that can help.

- For the Mario case, many were (including myself) afraid that we were going to get another Mario movie from the 1990s. I have a childhood trauma from watching that on "canal 5" 

774244.jpeg

Guess the parents will bring the kids to the matinee on Sunday and then head home for the match!

5 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Deadline is reporting a $45M total for IO2, not sure if it's rounded up or down. That'd be a $2.8M Thursday and around 825M lc, very close to Doctor Strange 2 and The Avengers.  ER has improved a bit this week.

Not rounded; it was a bit better than expected due to ER improvement. $831M and already above Multiverse of Madness in lc and original Inside Out in admissions!

Weekdays indeed were better than those of Mario and Toy Story so a $250M/$13.5M FSS is feasible; we need to consider this has been trending down day to day compared to those two but sales for Friday look prosiming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1