Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Inside Out 2 opens to mind-blowing $30.2M, 2nd highest 4-day lc OW ever!

11 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

50 // 135 doable for 2nd weekend

Yeah that's within the range I have it. Wakanda made $129M but of course had a higher opening so this should be on par or bit higher.

And yes, discount Wednesday.

The Flash screening apparently went well. It wasn't overwhelmingly positive and people seem to agree is a bit too long but overall good reception. I did heard a very positive rave from someone who usually enjoys CBM but doesn't glow over them.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

If The Flash work out possibly I could expect Joker's legs. But, even when I expect The Batman to break out it didn't work out.. But, really did better than 2021s MCU release. And I still feels that among recent CBM, DC's "The Batman"'s reception was just behind Marvel/Sony's "Spider-Man: No Way Home"

Reception stronger than The Batman?

7 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Reception stronger than The Batman?

I think so. Not necessarily because it's better but I do understand from reactions that is just as engaging but more fitting as a traditional SH. Think Batman was this noir-ish story that could be hard to follow for some whereas Flash delivers as a high-scale action piece packed with humor and an emotional component. 

I think there's no social media embargo but first reaction praise both Sasha Calle and the execution of nostalgic elements as part of the narrative. Second one kinda implies nostalgia is well played too.

Also it seems like it was an unfinished cut. Not sure if the same as CinemaCon's or anything different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thursday night also had a special fan-event and premiere for Little Mermaid attended by Halle Bailey and Javier Bardem.

Reactions are just as well as in US, there seems to be a consensus that is one of the best live-actions from Disney. 

• Like 3

The rest of May and June are going to be packed with competition. The way I see it:

Flash > Fast X > Little Mermaid > Spiderverse > Indiana Jones > Transformers > Elemental.

Position of the last 3 would depend on WOM and critics. Is nostalgia strong enough to propel Indy? The last Hasbro and Pixar efforts were meh.

THE LITTLE MERMAID - FIRST 36 HOURS

449 sold / 11,662 total available

Not really comparable for anything but seems like not so exciting. Three locs haven't opened up sales yet so that's something factoring as well.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

On 5/10/2023 at 2:44 PM, Carlangonz said:

Fast X Previews (T-7 Days)

3,970 sold / 17,153 seats available (+30.38% from T-9)

+1 show/+68 seats

x0.60 of Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (T-0 Days)

Fast X Previews (T-5 Days)

5,098 sold / 17,153 total available (+28.41% from T-5) 

x0.87 of Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (T-0 Days) 

Going with high 20s and low 30s atm. This weekend is key but allocation may be an issue if more shows aren't added. 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Around $435M for Guardians and $1.48B for Mario lowering final range to $1.51B-$1.52B. 

Let's see if Guardians increase again. Hold indeed is better than Wakanda's but gross is still a bit below ($126M v $129M)

• Like 2

On 5/14/2023 at 9:21 AM, thajdikt said:

Could maybe get closer to 450M with actuals?

$440.1M

3 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Confirmed by Deadline, we will know actuals soon: In Mexico, Mario and Luigi have overtaken Avengers: Endgame to front the 2nd biggest movie of all time. 

$1.49B. Above Infinity War in admissions as well - 21.8M

• Like 2

All Time Movies, lc

01 1,618,295,627    Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

02 1,491,800,000    The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)

03 1,474,211,950    Avengers: Endgame (2019)

---

61    440,151,499    The Boss Baby (2017)

62    440,100,000    Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 (2023)

63    435,599,543    Transformers; Age of Extrinction (2014)

Edited by Purple Minion
  • Like 3