Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Challengers cannot dent Kongzilla's crown; big anime OW for Spy x Family

6 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

How's things looking for JWLK? If I2 survived the Sunday match, could be the same for the Saturday one.

Hard to tell based on PS, just like the first one this is going to rely heavily on walk ups. I'm expecting anywhere between $170M-$200M. About the saturday match i don't expect any risk; sat matinees are weaker than sunday's.

• Like 1

Screens and shows for both JW2 and I2 are not too far one from the other, although holdovers are feeling the hit, DP2 and OB are losing a lot of shows and O8 is getting a significant cut of theatres. Anything over $180M is good for JW and $95M+ is good for I2, btw a lot of theatres are booking even 5 or 6 screens for saturday's match (Mexico vs Korea)

And... Ant-Man and the Wasp tickets went on sale last night.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

CH14_! ❤️

Any news on JWFK's OD? Or is everyone still celebrating?

Between WC and elections this next week is being really tough.

Unfortunately not, my source is moving to a new place so no system the last two weeks :whosad: But judging from what I'm seeing there's madness everywhere, IW weekend/Coco-Ragnarok weekend level of insanity, i don't regret couldn't go to the theatre this weekend.

4 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

Between WC and elections this next week is being really tough.

Unfortunately not, my source is moving to a new place so no system the last two weeks :whosad: But judging from what I'm seeing there's madness everywhere, IW weekend/Coco-Ragnarok weekend level of insanity, i don't regret couldn't go to the theatre this weekend.

Will I2 be greatly affected by JWFK in Mexico?

2 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

Theoretically no, I2 didn't lose many screens and there's market for family movies with schools on holidays. Adult-leaning movies will suffer a lot.

Exactly. 

Three years ago IO perfectly survived with JW and even got a 3x multi, the competition back then the weeks after was harder with Genysis, Minions and Ant-Man compared this time with only Sicario and Ant-Man and the Wasp. 

The only problem for I2 is itself; huge opening which already burned a lot of demand and try to keep a good wom.

Plus, many schools are starting with summer holidays the next two weeks, by July 6th all of them will be off.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Is Mexico like South America where Winter Holidays are better for animation? 

It usually helps for weekdays, especially wednesday.

Although i think you mean to the June-July period which here is summer period.

Edited by Carlangonz

24 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

It usually helps for weekdays, especially wednesday.

Although i think you mean to the June-July period which here is summer period.

No, I meant northern winter. Thanks you , purple minion too .

That means that July is definitely the best period for animation in all Latin America

33 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Amazing.  $12.3M is close to 250M lc... very unexpected in a great way. Summer is going to be a busy one!

Close race between I2 and JW2 for the silver medal this year! That's going to be exciting!