Purple Minion

Mexico Box Office | Challengers cannot dent Kongzilla's crown; big anime OW for Spy x Family

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

Agree that FD is not the best sequel and underperformed in this market (I had huge expectations), but... hating it?

I had same expectations but release date didn't helped at all, there was a lot of marketing coming from the US that when the movie was released not many people was aware of it, Pixar never shouldn't delayed it.

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

JL is going to benefit from the 4-day OW, but somehow I can see it earning less than BvS... I see SS levels. Which other big movies are released soon, besides Jedi?

I agree, buzz isn't big, any of my friends or from my family wants to see this and other people have told me the same, BvS was a big letdown that hurted the brand and team-ups movies aren't any novelty. The good part is that there's no great competition 'til TLJ so being one of the only choices to see may help

WEEKLY REPORT. COCO NOW SEEKS $1B. THOR: RAGNAROK LOOKING A SPOT IN TOP 10 OF 2017 (BRIEFLY)

Coco

Highest grossing movie ever, $1B is practically locked

Thor: Ragnarok

- This weekend passes Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 and joins Top 10 of 2017 for a few days until JL reach it

WEEKDAYS (LC) WEEKLY (LC) TOTAL (MXN) TOTAL (USD) ADM. TOTAL ADM.
1 Coco  $69,11 $22,51 $854,38 $44,58 4,73 18,15
2 Thor: Ragnarok $28,78 $95,89 $347,16 $17,90 1,93 6,73
3 Murder on the Orient Express $11,32 $32,74 $32,74 $1,71 590K 590K
4 Jugsaw $5,69 $14,24 $14,24 $744K 318K 318K
5 Geostorm $1,89 $5,46 $166,62 $8,67 131,3K 3,62
6 Happy Death's Day $1,69 $4,72 $37,6 $1,93 109,8K 880K
7 Jeepers Creepers 3 $890K $2,46 $9,34 $486K 56,2K 209,4K
8 Vuelven $620K $1,69 $7,61 $396K 38,3K 167,2K
9 Brad's Status $510K $1,61 $1,61 $83K 24,7K 24,7K
10 Professor Marston and the Wonder Woman $42K $119K $119K $6K 19,4K 19,4K

Today opens: Justice League, 47 Meters Down, An Inconvenient Sequel, Cómo Filmar una XXX, Manifesto and Les Ex

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, UserHN said:

Which movie do you think has a chance to topple Coco from the top? Toy Story 4 or Infinity War?

A month ago I would have said Infinity War (animated movies' tickets prices are lower in average so TS4 will suffer, Coco being the exception of course). But now I don't know. If it survives relatively unscathed against Justice League, 1.1B lc and 20M audience are within reach.

7 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

A month ago I would have said Infinity War (animated movies' tickets prices are lower in average so TS4 will suffer, Coco being the exception of course). But now I don't know. If it survives relatively unscathed against Justice League, 1.1B lc and 20M audience are within reach.

That would be so good, I'm so eager to see Coco next weekend :D

17 hours ago, UserHN said:

Which movie do you think has a chance to topple Coco from the top? Toy Story 4 or Infinity War?

I don't think there's a movie with a chance in a middle term. Coco exploded like crazy, unlike to what people in other places can think, here really wasn't expectation of it becoming No. 1 all-time; marketing was poor until a couple of weeks before release, GA had doubts for all the 'Book of Life' controversy and fear that Disney would show only stereotypes (that would have killed it). Coco was a huge surprise with amazing legs, IW and TS4 will have tremendous debuts but the kind of WOM that Coco reached is hard to get.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

On 17/11/2017 at 2:48 AM, UserHN said:

So you don't like Finding Dory?

On 17/11/2017 at 8:59 AM, KeepItU25071906 said:

I hate it.

It's one of those films that has nothing specifically bad about it but it is overall very poor. Obviously that takes into accounts that expectations were very high (how many films actually live up to Finding Nemo standards?). But still, I think Pixar could have done a much much better job with Finding Dory. Really, what I feel is that it's a film that says nothing. There is no message, there is no theme, there is nothing more to it than just the sequence of events that occur in it.

P.S. I do have to admit though that baby Dory is the cutest fish I have ever seen on screen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

JL should get over 1m admits Fri

I wonder if it is by a wide margin or on par with It, T:R and SM:HC. That would be a $50-$60M Fri, worst case would be $175M and best case would be $210M.

As i said before, this is unpredictable cause we don't know the path it may take. 

OD (Fri)/OW ratio for the three last DCEU installments.

- Wonder Woman: 3.5x

- Batman v Superman: 2.9x

- Suicide Squad: 2.5x

• Thanks 1