grim22

Lisa Frankenstein | February 9, 2024 | Focus Features | Directed by Zelda Williams, written by Diablo Cody. Kathryn Newton and Cole Sprouse set to star

The way the world treated Jennifer’s Body back in ‘09 still makes me mad to this day. If it were released in 2023 sure it probably still wouldn’t have grossed much but would have a high RT score (80s easily) and wouldn’t be the butt of a ton of jokes. Great film, hoping for the same here. I see Diablo Cody I’m on board.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

The way the world treated Jennifer’s Body back in ‘09 still makes me mad to this day. If it were released in 2023 sure it probably still wouldn’t have grossed much but would have a high RT score (80s easily) and wouldn’t be the butt of a ton of jokes. Great film, hoping for the same here. I see Diablo Cody I’m on board.

I’m so glad Jennifer’s Body found its audience. I see it on countless Letterboxd lists. It’s on 146k different ones actually lol.

It’s such a cult film now and the fact that it’s having screenings and fan art etc is amazing.

It was rough and such a downer when it opened though. I remember Diablo Cody saying in an interview the studio reacted so badly to the opening weekend you’d have thought someone had died. I even remember Amanda Seyfried’s MTV award speech was something like “…even though nobody went to see it”. Sad times.