YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Biggest animated movie of all time! We aren’t Pixover but Pixulling Back!

7 minutes ago, Hades said:

Expect even more endless Pixar sequels announcements at D23

Why is it that they dont make 2 Animated films back to back....Its always live action stuff like Pirates 2 and 3 or Avengers 3 and 4

Spiderverse 2 and 3 should have been made together.....They should make Incredibles 3 and 4 together 

I think they tried with Spider-Verse but it just didn't work out.

There hadn't been a whole lot of reliable animated superhero franchises to this point. I do think Bird really didn't feel like twice the time investment when making I2. Lots of other things he's still trying to make.

Edited by AniNate

21 minutes ago, Hades said:

Expect even more endless Pixar sequels announcements at D23

In 2010s Pixar made just 4 original. Just 4 years into 2020s, they already made 4 but unfortunately 3 of them were severely impacted by the Covid-pandemic and we will never know just how far they can go as original animation.  And the wave of making original seem put on hold again, and with IO2 massive success, I guess we won't see some original pixar fare again.

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

In 2010s Pixar made just 4 original. Just 4 years into 2020s, they already made 4 but unfortunately 3 of them were severely impacted by the Covid-pandemic and we will never know just how far they can go as original animation.  And the wave of making original seem put on hold again, and with IO2 massive success, I guess we won't see some original pixar fare again.

They literally have one scheduled for next year

Also, Docter just stated they have another one coming out before TS5 (they currently have an untitled March 2026 release date). Probably will be finding out about that one at D23. 

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Eric S'ennui said:

It was me. And like...that's accurate? Reviews are great, but it's not as great as the first movie. What do you want me to say? :lol:

Do we really need anything about reviews in the title? We don't do that for most movies and I do think it adds some unnecessary tension to the thread vibes

3 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Do we really need anything about reviews in the title? We don't do that for most movies and I do think it adds some unnecessary tension to the thread vibes

I think it happens pretty often? Like Mario, Barbie, Oppenheimer last year all mentioned reviews in their titles. It's an Eric thing I guess.

8 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I mean last I checked it's a common thing, but I have now changed it to something more positive and happy

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 6:52 PM, cannastop said:

This bs again:

what's the bs?

this decade pixar hasn't touched even the surface of the impact of movies like toy story, up, nemo, monsters and co, the incredibles etc..

20 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

what's the bs?

this decade pixar hasn't touched even the surface of the impact of movies like toy story, up, nemo, monsters and co, the incredibles etc..

The BS is the implied belief in "universality" which can lead to marginalizing certain people. The quote from the Time article is a callback to the Bloomberg piece, which I think was fairly criticized.

I think the underlying issue for me is the belief by some (not necessarily all the Disney/Pixar execs) that certain stories aren’t “universal.”

I am not a tween Asian-Canadian girl in the aughts, but I still related to a lot of things in Turning Red. Moving away from certain types of stories or settings just because there are a few elements that aren’t “universal” would be disappointing. Especially when it was Lightyear, an uninspired attempt at a cash grab, that was their biggest problem.

Edited by Speedorito
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Or... you know... maybe universality means universality

It's a crock. Toy Story takes place in white suburbia, hardly universal to everyone. Why try to get the genie back in the bottle, back when only white guys could make these movies? Is a movie like Turning Red, which featured mostly girls and women, less universal for that fact? Is Elemental less universal for centering an immigrant experience in the story?

• Like 2