YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Pixar does it again!

58 minutes ago, Block-Busted said:

I don't think that will be THAT big of a factor.

Also, even an Onward-level reception (88% with 7.2/10 average) wouldn't be so bad since that's... basically your average Pixar film.

You're right perhaps it will affect on media narrative not critics

The Lightyear->Elemental run + Pete Docter not coming back is a likelier combo

16 minutes ago, icebearraven said:

You're right perhaps it will affect on media narrative not critics

The Lightyear->Elemental run + Pete Docter not coming back is a likelier combo

I don't think that itself is going to affect the whole thing too much either considering that Docter is a Pixar CCO now.

1 hour ago, Seth Irskens said:

Anyone know if there's a short film attached to inside out 2 before movie?

There is none

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Block-Busted said:

I don't think that itself is going to affect the whole thing too much either considering that Docter is a Pixar CCO now.

He's had that role since 2018. The point is he doesn't directly make movies anymore, not after Soul.

Edited by cannastop

This is probably not the best thread for this but I saw Wish yesterday with my young one. Generic but better than what I thought. Not sure if its better or worse than Strange World. That also had some moments though it was not completely there. if you combine live action as well, I think Cruella has been best of the lot by a margin. 

I am excited for this movie. I am taking entire family next saturday for a Dolby show. 1st movie was outstanding IMO. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

This is probably not the best thread for this but I saw Wish yesterday with my young one. Generic but better than what I thought. Not sure if its better or worse than Strange World. That also had some moments though it was not completely there. if you combine live action as well, I think Cruella has been best of the lot by a margin. 

I am excited for this movie. I am taking entire family next saturday for a Dolby show. 1st movie was outstanding IMO. 

Im seeing this movie in RealD 3D on the 19th with my friends and my family. I’m excited.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Block-Busted said:

So is there any hopeful sign for this film's critical reception even if it's just an anecdotal one?

I mean, could go either way. No real hopeful signs, but also nothing in particular to indicate that this is going to be a trainwreck. The late embargo doesn't really mean anything now considering the last three Disney films that did this all got 80%+ on RT.

This is their first sequel in 5 years, and their last sequel has reviewed better than everything that's come out since. Take that as you may.

Edited by PNF2187
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

I mean, could go either way. No real hopeful signs, but also nothing in particular to indicate that this is going to be a trainwreck. The late embargo doesn't really mean anything now considering the last three Disney films that did this all got 80%+ on RT.

This is their first sequel in 5 years, and their last sequel has reviewed better than everything that's come out since. Take that as you may.

the only indication that we have is that at CinemaCon the movie got a standing ovation and that exhibitors liked it. I mean guessing by the theater count for Inside Out 2 (4,200), they were impressed with what they saw

33 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

the only indication that we have is that at CinemaCon the movie got a standing ovation and that exhibitors liked it. I mean guessing by the theater count for Inside Out 2 (4,200), they were impressed with what they saw

I'm just hoping that it doesn't end up like Lightyear again.

1 hour ago, Block-Busted said:

So is there any hopeful sign for this film's critical reception even if it's just an anecdotal one?

There was colliderfrosty saying he heard it was a "return to form"

Honestly though you don't know until you know. Embrace the uncertainty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

There was colliderfrosty saying he heard it was a "return to form"

Honestly though you don't know until you know. Embrace the uncertainty.

Return to form is gonna be the new: Best DC film since the Dark Knight.

2 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

It's Pixar. There you go.

True, but Lightyear has 74% on RottenTomatoes with 6.7/10 average and Elemental has 73% with 6.4/10 average. I know that the latter might've been affected by Cannes' reception, but still.

2 minutes ago, Block-Busted said:

True, but Lightyear has 74% on RottenTomatoes with 6.7/10 average and Elemental has 73% with 6.4/10 average. I know that the latter might've been affected by Cannes' reception, but still.

Every Pixar film has a 58+ on Metacritic, 4 at 60 or less (two of those being Cars films)

Over 27 films, Pixar averages a 78 on Metacritic. It averages a 88 on Rotten Tomatoes.

If you exclude the Cars sequels, the Pixar sequels/Lightyear scores are: 60, 65, 77, 80, 84, 88, 92 on MC and 74, 80, 94, 93, 97, 98, 100 on RT.

• Like 5