YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Pixar does it again!

Just now, emoviefan said:

It's like you are having a conversation with yourself or something.

Yeah basically haha

Ok, so what happened was that at first it was tracking for an $80-85M OW and then when I said "if this happens, that'll be bad" I was met with resistance saying "no, that would actually be good." But now the movie is blowing TF up to 155M+, almost double the original tracking, essentially proving me correct in that an $80-85M OW would have been bad. Vindication.

13 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Yeah basically haha

Ok, so what happened was that at first it was tracking for an $80-85M OW and then when I said "if this happens, that'll be bad" I was met with resistance saying "no, that would actually be good." But now the movie is blowing TF up to 155M+, almost double the original tracking, essentially proving me correct in that an $80-85M OW would have been bad. Vindication.

Yeah I don't give a shit.

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

God i hope this is a act with you because if not holy shit....

No? Nothing wrong with being mad at bad numbers. But thankfully it doesn't matter because this is not doing 85M it's going to do 160M+ headed for 550M+ DOM and 1.3+ WW :). Which is absolutely fantastic, will easily beat DS2 WW to become highest non-Avatar Disney movie post pandemic. 

11 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

No? Nothing wrong with being mad at bad numbers. But thankfully it doesn't matter because this is not doing 85M it's going to do 160M+ headed for 550M+ DOM and 1.3+ WW :). Which is absolutely fantastic, will easily beat DS2 WW to become highest non-Avatar Disney movie post pandemic. 

Box Office tracking may not be for you, if the biggest opening weekend of the year is “bad numbers” to you

2 hours ago, KnightofNight237 said:

Box Office tracking may not be for you, if the biggest opening weekend of the year is “bad numbers” to you

If Avengers5 opens to 90M would you consider it a good number as long as it is the highest opening of the year?

13 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

If Avengers5 opens to 90M would you consider it a good number as long as it is the highest opening of the year?

“Oh no, a film opened slightly below the last one which has absolutely never happened before! Oh no, it made slightly less than the last one, how unheard of!”

This is opening to around 150M. We’ve known 85M was off the table for days. You’re obsessing over hypothetical situations you dreamed up in your crazy head to try to prove some point that no one cares about except for you and the Reddit obsessed cringy teenager. It’s exhausting and annoying. You’re honestly almost as bad as HummingLemon now. Which is not something to be proud of. You two need learn some nuance and move the fuck on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

“Oh no, a film opened slightly below the last one which has absolutely never happened before! Oh no, it made slightly less than the last one, how unheard of!”

This is opening to around 150M. We’ve known 85M was off the table for days. You’re obsessing over hypothetical situations you dreamed up in your crazy head to try to prove some point that no one cares about except for you and the Reddit obsessed cringy teenager. It’s exhausting and annoying. You’re honestly almost as bad as HummingLemon now. Which is not something to be proud of. You two need learn some nuance and move the fuck on.

Cry me a river and hit up the ignore button? People are discussing this, I chimed in my opinion, if you disagree or don't want to read it there is a simple solution.

It's not even like I brought back the conversation, it was already there when I posted about it, I simply answered other people. So again, cry me a river.

Edited by JustLurking

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

Cry me a river and hit up the ignore button? People are discussing this, I chimed in my opinion, if you disagree or don't want to read it there is a simple solution.

It's not even like I brought back the conversation, it was already there when I posted about it, I simply answered other people. So again, cry me a river.

You’re the only one crying because no one gave a shit about your thoughts on an 85M opening that never happened.

20 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

You’re the only one crying because no one gave a shit about your thoughts on an 85M opening that never happened.

Pretty sure people gave plenty of fucks considering it was a pretty big discussion at the time (which - again - I didn't bring back). I answered a message regarding it. You could choose to ignore it, but instead you're kicking up a fuss about it.

I'm sorry that you apparently don't enjoy this point of conversation but no one's strapping you to a chair and forcing you to read it. I simply answered what was already there.

Edited by JustLurking

14 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Pretty sure people gave plenty of fucks considering it was a pretty big discussion at the time (which - again - I didn't bring back). I answered a message regarding it. You could choose to ignore it, but instead you're kicking up a fuss about it.

I'm sorry that you apparently don't enjoy this point of conversation but no one's strapping you to a chair and forcing you to read it. I simply answered what was already there.

It really was not a big conversation. And noticed how most people moved on. Except for the unstable people.

And you very obviously didn’t “answer a question”, you asked a question to try to kick up a tired conversation that only you and one of the most annoying people here are obsessed with. I’m sorry people didn’t agree that 85M would be the worst thing that’s ever happened in the history of the box office, but you look so pathetic and embarrassing now trying to still do this across two different posts. At least HummingLemon thinks they’re funny.

37 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

It really was not a big conversation. And noticed how most people moved on. Except for the unstable people.

And you very obviously didn’t “answer a question”, you asked a question to try to kick up a tired conversation that only you and one of the most annoying people here are obsessed with. I’m sorry people didn’t agree that 85M would be the worst thing that’s ever happened in the history of the box office, but you look so pathetic and embarrassing now trying to still do this across two different posts. At least HummingLemon thinks they’re funny.

I'm not sure how you moved onto personal attacks so quickly over this random conversation, or why you're trying to twist my words so much, but sure, go on. I'll be the one to hit the ignore button since you clearly don't seem inclined to do so.

Edited by JustLurking

4 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I'm not sure how you moved onto personal attacks so quickly over this random conversation, or why you're trying to twist my words so much, but sure, go on. I'll be the one to hit the ignore button since you clearly don't seem inclined to do so.

Well enjoy your one-man crusade against an opening weekend that never happened :(

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

They played it really safe here. Wonder if they actually took the criticisms of Turning Red “not being appropriate for kids” to heart 

Maybe they just didn't want to be redundant. Though it is a sequel...

Of course i´m very glad that it pulled a Barbie instead of an Oppenheimer 

That said, i still think 85M would be fine lol

Really dislike this idea of being disappointed everytime a movie doesn´t blow up way harder than expected, which is what happened here, this is an exception 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Of course i´m very glad that it pulled a Barbie instead of an Oppenheimer 

That said, i still think 85M would be fine lol

Really dislike this idea of being disappointed everytime a movie doesn´t blow up way harder than expected, which is what happened here, this is an exception 

Given what the trades were saying earlier in the week, I think they would have been more than fine with $85M. Would have still been enough for all the "PIXAR IS BACK" headlines. It getting an additional $70M on top of that is pure gravy for the news outlets.

• Like 1

85 and like a $300 mil total would've been a "streaming-handicapped but still encouraging" outcome for IO2 and another stepping stone to returning to form. They just ended up leaping straight across the stream here.

• Like 2