Box Office Hit

Immaculate | Neon | March 22, 2024 | Sydney Sweeney

Still not any real reactions from people I trust, but it sounds like it went over pretty well, and everyone keeps talking about the ending being crazy and ballsy, so, sub-C Cinemascore incoming? LOL

Neon hasn't really had a wide release breakout yet, but maybe Sweeney's rising star status and the lack of a big horror releases over the last three months will give this a bump, for its opening weekend at least. I think anything above $5M opening weekend would be solid for them, and probably lock it into becoming only their 5th $10M+ grosser.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Just started seeing ads for this today on TV. Is this another anti-christ movie like rosemary's baby? Looks fun.

And we have an Anti Christ movie coming up in the new OMen movie. Good spring for The Anti Christ.

Oooh it’s good. Really good.

Not sure how the ending will go down with mainstream American audiences, but I loved it. Makes full use of its 18 rating. 

It’s actually more Midsommar and Ready or Not than The Nun, which I really appreciated. No spoilers. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

So after settling at around 64% after SXSW, it’s not up to 78% with 49 reviews. Glad it’s getting a good critical reception.

2,150 theatres. Hopefully it can do decent numbers for Neon. If it can be their biggest opening that would be a decent headline for them, and it won’t take much. 

On 3/16/2024 at 2:41 PM, Krissykins said:

Oooh it’s good. Really good.

Not sure how the ending will go down with mainstream American audiences, but I loved it. Makes full use of its 18 rating. 

It’s actually more Midsommar and Ready or Not than The Nun, which I really appreciated. No spoilers. 

I am curious to see how the Catholic CHurch reacts to this one.

On 3/23/2024 at 3:15 PM, JonathanMB said:

Neon having a field day with some of the angrier reactions to this movie. Good stuff.

Wow, The Fundy reaction just gave the movie the kind of free publicity  they could not afford to pay for .

On 3/13/2024 at 5:46 AM, eddyxx said:

Just started seeing ads for this today on TV. Is this another anti-christ movie like rosemary's baby? Looks fun.

A couple of critics have called it Rosemary's Baby on steroids.

Religious-tinged horror isn't really my thing but the lure of cheap Tuesday and extra AMC Stubs points compelled me to see Immaculate yesterday.

I know horror movie characters have to act a certain way for the story to work, but this one really tested my patience on that front. I wasn't raised Catholic but at times it felt like there was like a checklist of iconography to be "controversial" with. The acting was a cut above a lot of low budget horror, though.