Box Office Hit

Immaculate | Neon | March 22, 2024 | Sydney Sweeney

Thought this was solid but not great. It's tight and well paced and I had a good time with it. Had a couple of surprisingly violent scenes to the point I wish it went even further. 

But it's nothing you haven't seen before. It doesn't really do anything interesting or push boundaries. I thought the ending was fun but definitely nothing that will be talked about for a long time or anything like that. It's not going to be joining lists with the mist or something.

Still, it didn't overstay it's welcome and it's well made and acted. It gave me a lot of giallo vibes at times with the way it was filmed and unfolded. Overall I did really enjoy my time with it. It wasn't the homerun I wanted but it was a good time.

It was a 7/10 for me.

Edited by Dominic Draper

11 hours ago, MightyDargon said:

Horror/Catholic stuff seems more a cliche than a daring move at this point but whatever floats Sydney Sweeney's boat I guess.

Have you seen it? All is actually not as it seems. They’ve managed to hide quite a lot. 

• Like 1