The showrunner said next season is probably the last unless showtime says different. Also said dexter will not have a happy ending and he already knows the ending.

I heard last season is the last. I hope Deb stays does not get into trouble, I could see Dexter turning himself and taking the blame for LaGuerta.

Killing LaGuerta was like putting a band-aid on a torn artery. The entire station knew she was onto Dexter, and certain people knew she had warrants for him and Deb. Batista and Matthews especially knew the details of her suspicions.

AgreedDexter should have asked Hannah to kill her.

I'm thinking of buying this as my new box set to watch but have a question?Is it episodic like dexter killing a new person every episode or does it revolve round a few murders every season?

Each season has a series long story arc of one big serial killer Dexter tracks and then small fry killers in each episode.

Omg I just finally just now watched the season finale. So freakin emotional and unexpected. I thought for a second she really would shoot dexter! I got teary eyed when she broke down and cried for laguerta. Such a sad way to die a d she didn't even deserve it. I'm glad next season is coming 3 months early. I think it is pretty much confirmed to be the last season. Show time hasn't announced it yet because it will be better to put it in the marketingrg as the final ever season of the groundbreaking series, Dexter.

• Like 1