What if he was in New Hampshire and he ran into Walter White?? :rofl:

Well, if that's the case, Walter White better get the fuck out of dodge ... it won't end well for him.  Dexter don't like them criminals who get away with murder and other crimes. (well, I suppose unless he's fucking them ... he makes an exception ... in saying that I assume Hannah was a killer as well based on comments)

Edited by Adam

Anything would of been better than what we got. I would of liked to see Miami Metro reaction to Dexter.

You know that brings me to the point that this show had some god awfully useless supporting characters. I know a lot of people had been speculating for several seasons that the only reason for the likes of Masuka/Quinn/Batista still being around was just for the reactions when Dexter finally got caught. So much for that! In the long run they really were just pointless characters after all!

• Like 2

I haven't watched any of the 7th or 8th seasons and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Was this season actually worse than the Colin Hanks nonsense? I've been hearing that and it's hard to believe, lol

It's a shame what this show became, the Doakes, Miguel Prada and Lithgow stuff was all really good

I haven't watched any of the 7th or 8th seasons and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Was this season actually worse than the Colin Hanks nonsense? I've been hearing that and it's hard to believe, lol

It's a shame what this show became, the Doakes, Miguel Prada and Lithgow stuff was all really good

Season 8 is by the worse. Season 7 was enjoyable, season 7 was the true ending of Dexter. 

Very close to the way I'd list them.

I have 1,2 and 4 as excellent, 5 as very good (I really liked Julia Stiles as Lumen), 3 and 7 as decent, 6 as bad and 8 as just god awful terrible

Yep, that's exactly my breakdown of the seasons too. I've come to appreciate season 5 so much more than I initially did. Lumen was a great character, by far the best one the show introduced post season 4. I think it was really stupid writing her off at the end of season 5. Her relationship with Dexter was one I would have actually been interested in exploring further.

When they originally announced the renewal of seasons 7 and 8 together, I thought they would have a somewhat linear storyline. Since season 7 ended with laguerta's death, wouldn't it have made sense to progress the storyline which would naturally involve finding out who killed her? Season 8 would have been so much better if they investigated her murder and found dexter to be guilty. The show about dexter... Would end with dexter.

• Like 2

When they originally announced the renewal of seasons 7 and 8 together, I thought they would have a somewhat linear storyline. Since season 7 ended with laguerta's death, wouldn't it have made sense to progress the storyline which would naturally involve finding out who killed her? Season 8 would have been so much better if they investigated her murder and found dexter to be guilty. The show about dexter... Would end with dexter.

I wanna scream when I think about it. Unbelievable. How could they just ignore LaGuerta's death. So stupid.

Just got done watching all the Dexter's on Blu-Ray the last half year.

First off, I hated the way the show ended. I felt Dexter needed to die, or at least sacrifice himself for Debra.  Nothing seems right with Hannah surviving, Harrison being fatherless and presumably having Hannah as a guardian.  I did get emotional with Debra's death. I actually would have been somewhat satisfied with the ending if Dex would have died in the hurricane.  It just seems to not fit right.

That being said, this is one of my favorite shows of all time.  Great television throughout the majority of the show.  Love the Dex and Debra relationship.  So many amazing moments of suspense.  I don't know how people watched it in real time.  I got to watch the next episode right away. But overall, an amazing show.

If I had to rank the seasons, I would say:

1. Season 4

2. Season 2 (Pretty much a tie with season 4)

3. Season 1

4. Season 7

5. Season 5

6. Season 3

7. Season 8

8. Season 6

Clearly seasons 6 and 8 are the worst.

Anyway, I'm sad I have no more Dexter's to watch but it was a blast watching them.

Interesting to see various "this is how it should have ended" ideas.   Doesn't seem like the writers could win on this one.   Too many possible endings.

Though it does seem like a lot of people wanted Dexter to get caught or die?   Wow...I don't get that one.   I don't want that for The Punisher....or Clint Eastwood....or Bruce Lee....or Arnold.  Why would I want Dexter to die or go to prison?  That would suck!

Dexter is a hero to me.   I heard reactions to the ending before I got around to watching it and was dreading the last season as I watched it.   I assumed that meant that Dexter was going to get killed since that's something which I would have hated.

What a relief!   I ended up loving the ending because it's ambiguous.   I get to imagine my own future for Dexter and that's fine with me.   Most important....Dexter did not die.   That would have been a deal-breaker for me.

Anyway...loved it so much I went back to the beginning to watch it again.   Kinda ruined my life lately because every spare minute is "Dexter time".    I just got back to the end of season 5 where I started a couple of months ago when I decided to finish the series....so I've watched the entire thing in a couple of months! :wub:    This is definitely in my top 10 all time.

Weird that the 2nd time around I'm really enjoying the Deb character.  I didn't care for her at all the first time.  Neither the character nor the actress playing her.   Now....I kinda like her.    Loving Michael C Hall more than ever....gotta watch Six Feet Under...and I hope he gets some really good movie roles.