TMP

Untitled PTA Project | August 8, 2025 | DiCaprio eyed to lead

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I wonder if WB is gonna distribute this one. PTA seems to have a close relationship with De Luca (Boogie Nights and Magnolia for New Line and Licorice Pizza for MGM) and they have been making some interesting greenlights lately.

Zaslav shaping it up to be the house of auteurs right before the big comcast sale

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 6:25 PM, lorddemaxus said:

I wonder if WB is gonna distribute this one. PTA seems to have a close relationship with De Luca (Boogie Nights and Magnolia for New Line and Licorice Pizza for MGM) and they have been making some interesting greenlights lately.

And yepppp, seems like it:https://www.indiewire.com/features/commentary/tcm-layoffs-for-sale-1234878244/

"I’m told that Anderson’s mysterious next movie, rumored to star Joaquin Phoenix, Viggo Mortensen, and Regina Hall, has been set up at Warner Bros."

Edited by lorddemaxus

Warner Bros has Paul Thomas Anderson set to direct Oscar winners Leonardo DiCaprio & Sean Penn and Oscar host Regina Hall in an untitled film that will begin production January 21 in California. Anderson wrote the script, and he will produce the film with Sara Murphy.

The film is currently untitled and they’re keeping the logline under wraps. We have learned that it is a contemporary setting and it is the most commercial one that PTA has attempted, with commensurate budget. It came out of a relationship that Warner Bros Picture Group co-chair/CEOs Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy built making PTA’s last film, Licorice Pizza, while they ran MGM. That film got three Oscar noms for Best Picture, and Best Screenplay and Best Director for PTA. While DiCaprio, Penn and Hall are the leads, the new film will have a big ensemble cast that is still falling into place. 

https://deadline.com/2024/01/leonardo-dicaprio-sean-penn-paul-thomas-anderson-regina-hall-new-film-warner-bros-1235709076/

• Astonished 2

People on twitter insist this is Vineland after the set pics but it also seems set in modern times?

So a Pynchon adaptation after all, but not a direct one like Inherent Vice? I have no idea, haven't read the book.

The Alana return + a Support the Girls reunion :jeb!:

Paul Thomas Anderson has rounded out the cast of his latest feature. Alana Haim, who made her acting debut in Anderson’s Licorice Pizza, and A Thousand and One break-out Teyana Taylor have been added to the cast, along with Wood Harris and Shayna McHayle.

Newcomer Chase Infiniti has also joined the untitled feature, which is currently in production and, as previously announced, stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Sean Penn and Regina Hall. The plot of the film is being kept under wraps.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/paul-thomas-anderson-alana-haim-teyana-taylor-1235813631/

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, karlleng said:

lmao what do they smoke @ WB

They must smoke something good indeed. I guess it's true the Zas wants to sell WB. He's desperate for top talent, but i'm afraid most of these movies will flop

I am sure this movie would be a classic and leading contender for awards as well. That said his biggest grosser There will be blood did tad over $76 million WW. I am not sure just having Leo will take it to big BO numbers. That said I am hoping it will be a great movie. Rest is all gravy.