Eric is Quiet

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I won’t lie, I do like the streaming / film experience when it’s something almost ‘exclusive’ getting a release. Watching Black Widow by myself during the pandemic was bittersweet, but it was the Marvel injection I needed at one of the most tough times we as a civilization faced. Criticisms of Cheapek not withstanding, I was thankful that I got to watch that one at home.

I’m likely prepping some popcorn too lol. 

I got the best of both worlds for both Knives Out 2 and Avatar 2. Big ass screen (50+ foot wide) and very few people in the cinema. But honestly I am not sure how this place will stay in business. They opened during the pandemic and it never seems to have many vehicles in the parking lot. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I won’t lie, I do like the streaming / film experience when it’s something almost ‘exclusive’ getting a release. Watching Black Widow by myself during the pandemic was bittersweet, but it was the Marvel injection I needed at one of the most tough times we as a civilization faced. Criticisms of Cheapek not withstanding, I was thankful that I got to watch that one at home.

I’m likely prepping some popcorn too lol. 

Exactly, i was thankfull too and to the HBO MAX thing in 2021 too, GvK did very well too better than the past film. If all theaters were PLF, movies could release day and date and it would not affect them, but as most theaters are not, and you can get a comparable experience to non PLF theaters at home then...

Edited by StreamBO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I got the best of both worlds for both Knives Out 2 and Avatar 2. Big ass screen (50+ foot wide) and very few people in the cinema. But honestly I am not sure how this place will stay in business. They opened during the pandemic and it never seems to have many vehicles in the parking lot. 

At least at the movie theater I go to seems like things have pretty much went back to ‘normal’, at least at premieres. I’m 4 times vaxxed (waiting for my 5th one against omicron next year) and I don’t have any known underlying conditions that would put me at risk, so it’s not like I’m going out of my way to not do things just like I used to do before. The pivotal difference is that while I’d go for epic repeated viewings before, I don’t do that anymore. 

I legit think that things will go back steadily to normality, and it’s a lot better now than it was two years ago.

• Like 1

I’m not going to quote them, because I don’t feel like arguing, but will just note that we’ve apparently reached the point in the proceedings where people are making factually untrue statements in defense of what is currently transpiring 

3 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

Exactly, i was thankfull to and to the HBO MAX too in 2021, GvK did very well too better than the past film. If all theaters were PLF, movies could release day and date and it would not affect them, but as most theaters are not, and you can get a comparable experience to non PLF theaters at home then...

Agree 100% that we need more PLF screens. People should feel confident walking into the auditorium that it won’t be a tiny screen. But that confidence does not exist in a market where 90% of the screens are pretty small. 

5 minutes ago, M37 said:

I’m not going to quote them, because I don’t feel like arguing, but will just note that we’ve apparently reached the point in the proceedings where people are making factually untrue statements in defense of what is currently transpiring 

Don't quote them but espouse a few of these statements 🤔

Just now, AJG said:

DOA

D6-B6-F314-2-AF7-4999-860-A-1-EAECF8-FB5

I’m guessing they bribed their way to that Golden Globe nomination.

I mean… it wouldn’t be the first time that a bad film made to the Golden Globe, or the Oscars. Sometimes I have a feeling that ‘teh academy’ don’t even watch the films they vote for.

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Agree 100% that we need more PLF screens. People should feel confident walking into the auditorium that it won’t be a tiny screen. But that confidence does not exist in a market where 90% of the screens are pretty small. 

Right. 

1 minute ago, XXR Also in Boots said:

We have a sequence of Over/Unders for new films this weekend....

O/U $5M for Babylon

O/U $10M for IWTDWS

O/U $15M for Puss 2 

I have a good feeling for Puss 2, even with the bad previews. So over for Puss 2. Under for Babylon tho, no idea what is the other.

• Like 1