Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

52 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

My theory for Avatar 4 , they time travel seems logical

After Quaritch getting five Pandorian gems and erasing half of Eywa's creatures, our remaining heros must time travel to reverse everything

• Haha 6
  • Astonished 2

We all know the admissions points to more people wanting to pay for PLF. 

TWOW is fortunate it doesn’t have much invading those theatres for months, but your average blockbuster needs these screens for way longer than two, sometimes only one week.

The sooner multiplexes start converting some of these smaller 2D auditoriums and combining them into extra PLF’s the better. That way, come summer time we don’t have this ludicrous situation week after week where audiences cannot see the film they want how they want to see it unless they rush out.  They’ve shown they’re willing to pay more for PLF, so give them what they want. That’s an experience they can’t get at home. 

Who wants to be watching Dead Reckoning in a shitty small screen with average sound and dull projection two weeks into its run? No wonder some then just don’t buy a ticket at all and wait. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

the way of the flop

Lol you were probably amongst those saying BP2 over Avatar and Black Adam is a winner if you call 2.2-2.5 b a flop brother. Going to laugh if it keeps making huge weekends and dailies and surpasses TGM on the domestic front. Already beating Maverick this year by a billion bucks. Flop you say? 😄😄

48 minutes ago, Cap said:

I wake up at like 4AM with a hacking cough. Hang out sick in bed for a good half an hour cause Judy is sleeping, and I know if I’m gonna take the meds, make myself to

tea, or do anything she’ll wake up. And then we’ll have to go outside. And I don’t want her to wake up and I don’t want her to go outside.  

Spend 10 to 15 minutes late night doom scrolling trying to figure out why I have a cough. Because the meds I’m taking are not helping.

I have a panic attack over the idea that maybe, what if, am I allergic to the dog? I text my friend on the West Coast in a panic. She reminds me that over 1 million people currently have the flu/Covid/RVS, and it’s winter, so why are you blaming the Cute beautiful puppy? It’s not her fault.

I concede that fact, admit that it was just the crazy lunacy what happens when your brain doesn’t get enough oxygen because you’re coughing so hard. 

I concede that I need to get out of bed, take some more medicine, and make myself some tea. Judy wakes up. We go outside.

While I’m breathing in the night air, enjoying the cold temperatures, the true Epiphany hits me. We go back inside, and I text my friend.

You’re right. The dog is innocent. This is clearly my body telling me it doesn’t wanna go see Avatar today.

Hmm, I am also pretty sick today. I should follow this wisdom 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

So we’re saying more Americans would show up for this 

The Rock GIF by Jumanji: The Next Level

over this ?

Fun Smile GIF by Avatar

Wow

crazy tom cruise GIF

I mean the top movie was a really good time at the theaters with the family. People have a lot of different reasons why they might or might not decide to see a movie while it’s in theaters. 

36 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I think the admission talk fail to showcase just how effective Avatar be able to encourage people to pay extra for PLF. 

They are jealous of the success. So they are nitpicking  brother Titanic.

If we are right all these folks will be coming back for premium viewings and we are going to have crazy weekends and unusual huge weekdays.

I'm feeling a

54-65+ m wkend 3 bounce back.

Pandorians and Titan fans show up late, but giant amount of walkins and return visits are inevitable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

I mean the top movie was a really good time at the theaters with the family. People have a lot of different reasons why they might or might not decide to see a movie while it’s in theaters. 

The doomers are jumping the gun. Cameron always has late fans flocking to the party in millions of ticket buys.

As I mentioned my sister and family in FL buying 6-10 tickets this week with premium seating and away from the crowds. Alot of Avatar fans thinking this way im feeling. Im still fired up about the domestic and if we can not only hit  but surpass a 6x multiplier. 

But I'm very happy we are going to blow past NWH WW. Wow

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

6 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

It was only a bit of a mini troll for the banter. 

I loved that Jumanji movie. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Cap said:

I wake up at like 4AM with a hacking cough. Hang out sick in bed for a good half an hour cause Judy is sleeping, and I know if I’m gonna take the meds, make myself to

tea, or do anything she’ll wake up. And then we’ll have to go outside. And I don’t want her to wake up and I don’t want her to go outside.  

Spend 10 to 15 minutes late night doom scrolling trying to figure out why I have a cough. Because the meds I’m taking are not helping.

I have a panic attack over the idea that maybe, what if, am I allergic to the dog? I text my friend on the West Coast in a panic. She reminds me that over 1 million people currently have the flu/Covid/RVS, and it’s winter, so why are you blaming the Cute beautiful puppy? It’s not her fault.

I concede that fact, admit that it was just the crazy lunacy what happens when your brain doesn’t get enough oxygen because you’re coughing so hard. 

I concede that I need to get out of bed, take some more medicine, and make myself some tea. Judy wakes up. We go outside.

While I’m breathing in the night air, enjoying the cold temperatures, the true Epiphany hits me. We go back inside, and I text my friend.

You’re right. The dog is innocent. This is clearly my body telling me it doesn’t wanna go see Avatar today.

I had a rough cold/flu a few weeks back. Cough was killing me. Green NyQuil was my saviour. I also find that if I lay in bed trying to recover, my cold/flus drag on longer. But that was impossible with my last cold, because I'd cough up a lung just getting out of bed. I also had a fever dream (though I had no fever, but it sure felt like I did) that Avatar 2 would only do like 488m. I ran out of red NyQuil and started using the green. Green is like drinking mouthwash, but it kicked in almost immediately, and allowed me to drag myself out of bed and power through the thing.

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

It was only a bit of a mini troll for the banter. 

I loved that Jumanji movie. 

Brother wild phantom. You know the late Cameron walkins have a way of silencing naysayers.  How quick they forget. Hopefully these weekends suprise bigtime man.

I feel the domestic Run is going to get exciting as well. But check it 13 years away and A2 in a pandemic Era is going to hit 2.2-2.5b or.more WW at this pace. This is awesome but insane. And if they re-release it in china . It could  make another 200-400m ontop the above🦝😱😱

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, krla said:

I had a rough cold/flu a few weeks back. Cough was killing me. Green NyQuil was my saviour. I also find that if I lay in bed trying to recover, my cold/flus drag on longer. But that was impossible with my last cold, because I'd cough up a lung just getting out of bed. I also had a fever dream (though I had no fever, but it sure felt like I did) that Avatar 2 would only do like 488m. I ran out of red NyQuil and started using the green. Green is like drinking mouthwash, but it kicked in almost immediately, and allowed me to drag myself out of bed and power through the thing.

Hello Kria, Try to get elderberry+  lipsomal vitamin.c( preferable the no fillers and titanium dioxide carrying supplements) Those syrups can kill.our natural immune system and the more natural ones help fight off bugs and the immune system strong. Check to make sure no allergies to elderberry tho. 

I also like acai Green tea wit honey🦝👍😎

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, stripe said:

After Quaritch getting five Pandorian gems and erasing half of Eywa's creatures, our remaining heros must time travel to reverse everything

Navi's new leader Kiri decides to send two robots back in time, one to kill Quaritch's mother and one to kill young Quaritch.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

32 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

We all know the admissions points to more people wanting to pay for PLF. 

I think admissions point to simple thing that "x" many people went to watch film.

The higher gross implies that those who went to watch, watched it in PLFs and 3D.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

Like one of the admins surprisingly said on here about a week ago (surprisingly but very welcome for for me), admission talk is just a fanboy argument to try and make a film you dont like look worse, or a film you like look better.

Plus when taking into account WW numbers for A2, it will be blowing past R1 and others admissions wise.

Admissions are always guess work too, while dollars has hard data.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Like one of the admins surprisingly said on here about a week ago (surprisingly but very welcome for for me), admission talk is just a fanboy argument to try and make a film you dont like look worse, or a film you like look better.

That admin probably only think/care about US box office, because there are markets where admission data is of first preference for movie tracking , try visiting Korea thread or France, LATAM and majority of European markets.

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

That admin probably only think/care about US box office, because there are markets where admission data is of first preference for movie tracking , try visiting Korea thread or France, LATAM and majority of European markets.

Well at the end of the day, studios will be looking at the dollars, not admissions. Disney will be looking at the dollars for A2, not admissions.

If A2 makes 2bil_, Disney will be over the moon i'm sure. They wont be like 'yeah it made 2bil which in this climate is great, but it only had around R1 admissions so yeah the sequels are cancelled', i'm mesing with that last part obviously lol.

I do also think admissions talk is a way to downplay a movie, you dont like, and vice versa.

• Thanks 2