charlie Jatinder

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread || Avatar $20.1M THU - Top 10 DOM or Bust!

36 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

Perhaps @Shawn can comment on historical aspects of this situation or industry justifications (aside from “we like fake num, big looks better 💀”)

basically Hollywood be like,
jaisa-chal-raha-hai-waisa-chalne-dein.jp

Numero when started tracking DOM, did the right thing i.e. convert gross in US$, hollywood asked it to revert the original system as now that's norm for a century. also I am getting behind system, a bit convenient too, need not worry about ER. currency rates close enough, gross small enough to just ignore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

I have just realized the cost of watching all of the big movies in those 2 months. 😅 I even haven't counted May and August. I'll try to see as many as possible. It would be a great time at the cinemas.

Kal may definitely see Jones all depends if I get good feedback on the ending.  I'll be boycotting if he gets a Han solo or woke replacement send-off my friend. Keeping fingers crossed Manigold didn't ruin Indy for me. Well  the last one anyway. I loved indy4 minus the monkey crap lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Correct. James Cameron's masterpiece is more like 36-39, maybe 40+. Nobody can deny another voyage to Pandora. $1B domestic gross is just around the corner!!

Lol verrows sounds like Bkb. But I digress.

Sorry no matter how you wanted this film to fail. It Flys over 2b ww and over that crapshoot under 573m domestic club.

Now lets see if it hits 700-800m range. Mwahhhahag

Also Kals predict for Wed is 22-23m.😉🦝👍

13 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Kal may definitely see Jones all depends if I get good feedback on the ending.  I'll be boycotting if he gets a Han solo or woke replacement send-off my friend. Keeping fingers crossed Manigold didn't ruin Indy for me. Well  the last one anyway. I loved indy4 minus the monkey crap lol

Have faith in Mangold. He knows how to please audiences. I really do believe he'll treat Indy with the utmost respect.

8 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Lol verrows sounds like Bkb. But I digress.

Sorry no matter how you wanted this film to fail. It Flys over 2b ww and over that crapshoot under 573m domestic club.

Now lets see if it hits 700-800m range. Mwahhhahag

Also Kals predict for Wed is 22-23m.😉🦝👍

You misunderstand me. I don't want it to fail at all. I'm just having a bit of fun. 😜

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

oh BTW Avatar 1 is still highest grosser in Canada at $96M. I dont have # for A2 yet but probably around $30-32M as of now. final will probably go for 70-80M.

Funny, I was just going to tag you and verify this when I saw the Canada box office talk. TFA is 2nd right? 

18 minutes ago, Verrows said:

You misunderstand me. I don't want it to fail at all. I'm just having a bit of fun. 😜

Ok no worries Verrows. Hope your secretly  rooting for A2 to have that Cameron multiplier and make our  no chance at the domestic crown  crew a wee bit nervous.

How did you like Avatar 2 btw? 

Exciting JC is back.

😄🦝

1 hour ago, Sheldon Cr said:

What are your predictions? 😅

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

What are your predictions? 😅

Well if good 650-750 m domestic and 1.6-1.8b ww

Has to somehow wow us on the scale of Indiana Jones 1 or 3. Which will be hard as heck to pull off

Kayom

If its on the level of Indy4 or a shade better. 370-440m Dom

950-1.2b ww

If those horrendous rumors are true on indys fate...Then😱😱

I predict Utter flop city 280m dom 550-650m ww and a total fan revolt and boycott of most things Marvel and  Disney led by Kal...😄😄🦝

indiana jones gun GIF

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

55 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Well if good 650-750 m domestic and 1.6-1.8b ww

Has to somehow wow us on the scale of Indiana Jones 1 or 3. Which will be hard as heck to pull off

Kayom

If its on the level of Indy4 or a shade better. 370-440m Dom

950-1.2b ww

If those horrendous rumors are true on indys fate...Then😱😱

I predict Utter flop city 280m dom 550-650m ww and a total fan revolt and boycott of most things Marvel and  Disney led by Kal...😄😄🦝

indiana jones gun GIF

I don't think it'll go that high. For now, maybe $270 M - $320 M for me. This needs to be amazing to make numbers beyond $350 M. June and July will be a bloodbath.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I don't think it'll go that high. For now, maybe $270 M - $320 M for me. This needs to be amazing to make numbers beyond $350 M. June and July will be a bloodbath.

Have you heard the reasons for reshoots yet?

I think they need to fix it fast if any of it is true or might be the first indy to totally crash and burn