CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

HE LIVES

how confident are you in that 20?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Amazing for both.

30M+ OW for Megan just became that much more likely and Avatar not only secures a 40M weekend, but could knock at the door of 45M.

11,4M

20M (75,4% jump, extremely impressive)

14M (-30%, standard drop)

= 45,4M

Meaning with a better-than-expected Sunday drop, 46M is reachable for Avatar.

Edit: Though i just looked at previous movies on this calendar date, which indicates more of a mid 30s percentage drop on Sunday. So more of a 44M - 45,M realistic range.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

If it does 20 whats the likely drop for Sunday? 30% and 14?

11.4/20/14 is 45.4M

top gun did 44.65

rogue one dropped 33% on sunday, that gets avatar to 44.8

1 minute ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Probably more like 35-38% drop tomorrow. 

That's steep. 44M weekend then. 30+ for MGN would be great. Just need a 13.5M for Puss and with that surprising good take for Otto, I must say things are looking a lot better for January than we thought. Otto to have a good expansion next weekend (hope for 12M +) will cover Plane and House Party tanking. Good WOM for MGN to push it to close to 100M domestic (I hope) and AV2 to have a great run and push up close to 700. Even BP2 is legging it out. 

Much better than the dire situation with Babylon and IWDWS doing poorly and Puss opening so poorly (and AV2 opening below expectations).