Box Office Hit

It Ends With Us | Sony | August 9, 2024

19 minutes ago, Flopped said:

What a fucking asshole. Wow. I actually don't mind her (I even saw This Ends With US) but she clearly comes from the Britney Spears school of smile and act sweet/polite and fool people into thinking you're a down to earth person when you're actually kind of a dick. 

Agreed but no need to call Noctis an asshole

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

So Blake Lively supposedly felt fat-shamed by her postpartum body but when an interviewer congratulated her on her pregnancy, Blake flipped the script and basically called her fat.

Hypocrite.

How long did it take you to dig that up? Reminds me of people digging up dirty on James Gunn's old social media posts just to get him fired. Not cool.

In the end, all these Hollywood people are human beings. They can come off as jerks sometimes, and maybe they are, which is why all of them use marketing to make them look good. I find it best to ignore how they are in real life.

More people need to learn how to keep art separate from the artist to enjoy things. Attacking people is unnecessary.

Edited by Mojoguy

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

How long did it take you to dig that up? I see cancel culture is still alive and kicking. Reminds me of people digging up dirty on James Gunn's old social media posts just to get him fired.

In the end, all these Hollywood people are human beings. They can come off as jerks sometimes, and maybe they are, which is why all of them use marketing to make them look as good as possible. I find it best to ignore how they are in real life.

More people need to learn how to keep art separate from the artist to enjoy something. No need to go after people.

The interviewer herself posted this two days ago. The timing is sus because she was also posting JusticeforJohnny interviews during the Depp v Heard trial and Justin Baldoni has the same PR crisis manager as JD.

6 minutes ago, CIDMoosa said:

The interviewer herself posted this two days ago. The timing is sus because she was also posting JusticeforJohnny interviews during the Depp v Heard trial and Justin Baldoni has the same PR crisis manager as JD.

Looks like interviewer wanted to bring down Blake Lively. Scenes of an actor making themselves look bad in an interview usually go on the cutting room floor.

This hit campaign from both sides is really weird. 

9 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

How is Lively cancelled when her movie makes a lot of money day by day? 

Not saying she has been, but it is obvious some are trying to make her look bad.

13 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

How is Lively cancelled when her movie makes a lot of money day by day? 

Being cancelled on internet and in real life are different things. Tom Cruise, Chris Pratt etc are widely disliked on the internet but it barely affects the box office of their films.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CIDMoosa said:

Being cancelled on internet and in real life are different things. Tom Cruise, Chris Pratt etc are widely disliked on the internet but it barely affects the box office of their films.

it like how mr beast is cancelled yet his sub count still goes up lol 

11 minutes ago, CIDMoosa said:

Oh ok. So Who cares?🤣. In particular people cancelling Lively are pity men as this thread shows (they attacked in the space of 3 posts other 3 successfull women so definitely that's the target) so no impact for the real audience of the movie (straight women)  as the box office shows instead. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eric Ripley said:

Cancel culture isn’t a real thing

I think it die down a lot vs before 

it like from 2014 to 2020 it peaked then die down. 

Edited by Torontofan

Throwing in my two cents, I don’t think Lively comes across good at all in that video, and some of her comments during the press for this movie are a little hollow or tone-deaf. 

But come on you guys (and by you guys I mean “the internet” not BOT) I think it’s a little premature to pass judgement on the character of these people based on speculation and marketing. BTS drama has always existed, good people give bad interviews all the time. I’m not excusing anything, and yea, like I said Lively doesn’t look good, but a lot of the internet is looking like Charlie Day in that one meme where he’s trying to connect the dots like a crazy person. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lory88 said:

She is literally Taylor Swift's best friend. Vengeful and disconnected from real life people pretending to be the girl next door. Open your eyes lol.

Yeah I can't stand Taylor but I didn't know they're friends. I dont follow Taylor unless her latest PR "boyfriend" is SHOVED down our throats to the point that you can't avoid it. 

On 8/14/2024 at 12:30 AM, John Marston said:

ah celebrity drama. All of this though actually just brings more attention to the film 

Hogwarts legacy marketing campaign tatic

XD lol 

Big issue these days is breaking out of a niche and appealing widely, so controversy sometimes help to appeal to a unware wider audience. 

Edited by Torontofan

It's common for flops when all the bad stuff on the set is revealed.

But rare for hit movies. It wasn't a controversy until Lively made it a controversy. It's a weird beef she has with Baldoni.

I remember all the Don't Worry Darling behind the scenes stuff feeling so much like a bad soap opera.

13 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

It's common for flops when all the bad stuff on the set is revealed.

But rare for hit movies. It wasn't a controversy until Lively made it a controversy. It's a weird beef she has with Baldoni.

I remember all the Don't Worry Darling behind the scenes stuff feeling so much like a bad soap opera.

How'd she make it a controversy?

15 minutes ago, CIDMoosa said:

How'd she make it a controversy?

Yeah I don’t get it either. If she isn’t comfortable with the director / opposing lead, if neither of the cast is, what they were supposed to do? Fake it? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

How long did it take you to dig that up? Reminds me of people digging up dirty on James Gunn's old social media posts just to get him fired. Not cool.

In the end, all these Hollywood people are human beings. They can come off as jerks sometimes, and maybe they are, which is why all of them use marketing to make them look good. I find it best to ignore how they are in real life.

More people need to learn how to keep art separate from the artist to enjoy things. Attacking people is unnecessary.

How long did it take me to dig that up? I didn't. It went viral a few days ago.