kayumanggi

THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE | 787.0M overseas | 1362.0M worldwide

The Super Mario Bros. Movie

In its 11th frame, Universal’s animated video game adaptation drops a steep -74% to $590K, finally falling outside the weekend top 10.

With $572.1M to date domestically, Mario ranks as the #14 film and #2 animated film of all time, behind only 2018’s Incredibles 2 ($608.5M).

With $754.6M overseas and $1.32B globally, Mario ranks as the #18 film and #3 animated film of all time globally, behind only 2019’s The Lion King ($1.66B) and 2019’s Frozen II ($1.45B).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

The Super Mario Bros. Movie

In its 11th frame, Universal’s animated video game adaptation drops a steep -74% to $590K, finally falling outside the weekend top 10.

With $572.1M to date domestically, Mario ranks as the #14 film and #2 animated film of all time, behind only 2018’s Incredibles 2 ($608.5M).

With $754.6M overseas and $1.32B globally, Mario ranks as the #18 film and #3 animated film of all time globally, behind only 2019’s The Lion King ($1.66B) and 2019’s Frozen II ($1.45B).

Incredible run, but man, what a steep drop. Elemental and Flash really hit that film a lot harder than I thought. Too much competition, and the sad thing about is that almost all of the biggest movies are flopping. I'm hoping Mario can still somewhat take advantage of the summer holidays, but Elemental'll have a hold on theaters for a bit cause it's a DIsney Film, and Ruby Gillman is in two weeks...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DisposedData said:

The discrepancy between Box office mojo and TheNumbers for the international gross is driving me crazy. Mojo has it lower than where it should be and TheNumbers seems to have it too high. What's so hard about updating correctly?

I reached out to The Numbers to find out what the source of the discrepancy is. It seems BOM uses official numbers provided by Universal, whereas the Numbers is also using numbers provided by local film boards. The main issue appears to be the inclusion of numbers from the Russian film board, which Universal is not including in their own numbers possibly due to it being an unofficial distribution due to the boycott. There are also some small differences with Universal vs local film boards, with some markets reporting higher numbers than Universal. That explains the large gap in Universal's OS numbers on BOM vs The Numbers, particularly for Fast X.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I reached out to The Numbers to find out what the source of the discrepancy is. It seems BOM uses official numbers provided by Universal, whereas the Numbers is also using numbers provided by local film boards. The main issue appears to be the inclusion of numbers from the Russian film board, which Universal is not including in their own numbers possibly due to it being an unofficial distribution due to the boycott. There are also some small differences with Universal vs local film boards, with some markets reporting higher numbers than Universal. That explains the large gap in Universal's OS numbers on BOM vs The Numbers, particularly for Fast X.

Oh I guess this makes sense! However reported numbers by mojo are lower than the studio reported 766.5m on Sunday as well 🙄 

38 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

Oh I guess this makes sense! However reported numbers by mojo are lower than the studio reported 766.5m on Sunday as well 🙄 

That is strange, I'm not sure what's going on at BOM. Also weird this issue is only affecting these two movies. I don't think I saw a major discrepancy between the two sites for previous Universal films like Minions 2 or JWD.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KP1025 said:

At least they answered, I wrote 3 different emails to Boxofficemojo to ask them to adjust the data of some famous movies re-releases that had grossed a few thousand euros but on the site appeared to have a gross of 2/3 million or even more, without any response

Edited by MG10

4 minutes ago, MG10 said:

At least they answered, I wrote 3 different emails to Boxofficemojo to ask them to adjust the data of some famous movies re-releases that had grossed a few thousand euros but on the site appeared to have a gross of 2/3 million or even more

Same experience here. Have not gotten any response back from BOM whereas The Numbers is quite good at responding to correction requests.