GOGODanca

Weekday Thread (2/21-2/23)

1 hour ago, stuart360 said:

I watch a lot of those reaction channels, where people react to movies and trailers etc, and the views for The Flash trailer has been huge compared to other Superhero movies, doubling some of them.

I agree with you that The Flash is NOT going to be another NWH, and come anywhere close to those kind of numbers.

I DO believe Keaton and all that WILL make the film gross more than you would of expected for soemthing like 'The Flash' though.

Flash trailer views were below GOTG 3 overall despite it seeming there being more internet chatter for The Flash

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Flash trailer views were below GOTG 3 overall despite it seeming there being more internet chatter for The Flash

you are wrong there. Flash has more views than guardians in all major platforms. Youtube main video, twitter and even Tik Tok. Not sure where you are seeing guardians having more views. 

Plus Guardians will open higher than Flash. That is a given. One is the 3rd movie of a highly successful movies and Flash is the 1st movie. Only way flash wins is having much better reception and legs.  Let us wait for CinemaCon reactions for that in late April. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

you are wrong there. Flash has more views than guardians in all major platforms. Youtube main video, twitter and even Tik Tok. Not sure where you are seeing guardians having more views. 

Plus Guardians will open higher than Flash. That is a given. One is the 3rd movie of a highly successful movies and Flash is the 1st movie. Only way flash wins is having much better reception and legs.  Let us wait for CinemaCon reactions for that in late April. 

according to his, GOTG 3 got more views

https://deadline.com/2023/02/guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-the-flash-fast-x-super-bowl-trailers-views-1235261136/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

So apparently r/boxoffice thinks Antman's legs are falling apart because "no one cares about Kang"

I mean it's not "no one" but clearly Kang wasn't enough and they basically built the film around him. That in itself is a problem. Will viewers expect the same from the next film he appears in?

I don't think you can call him as a concept striking home. It's a two hour film and he's in a significant proportion of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GOGODanca said:

if they had gotten Bale for the role of Keaton in the flash then i would say $1b was a lock, surprised they didn't try and if they did then why he would say no to that but say yes to that god awful gorr

This shouldn't be surprising. Bale is playing a random god in Gorr but if he does Batman again then he will want Nolan involved and thematic reasons for the characters return.

I don't see why people can't always understand you can't just throw an actor/character at something and expect it to work. 

1 hour ago, Landon1195 said:

So which do you think will make more, Guardians 3 or Flash?

I'm betting Guardians.

I still think Guardians is the safest pick and will probably gross more. But I really think Flash has a higher ceilling and is a 1B grosser candidate IF everything goes right and the movie is as good as everyone is saying. The Cinemacon reactions will be very telling...

16 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

This shouldn't be surprising. Bale is playing a random god in Gorr but if he does Batman again then he will want Nolan involved and thematic reasons for the characters return.

I don't see why people can't always understand you can't just throw an actor/character at something and expect it to work. 

I think a movie that would EASILY break the billion dollar mark and be a contender for highest grossing WB movie ever, would be a "TDK 4" with Nolan and Bale returning as an old Batman similar to The Dark Knight Returns.

11 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

Nolan's Batman absolutely, positively does not belong in a movie with superheroes.

Once you bring in Multiverse all rules are gone. Tobey's Spidey worked great in the crazy MCU world.

That said Nolan wont be happy reopening his batverse. From his perspective its over. Bale wont do anything to annoy him for sure, even though WB could throw a huge paycheck at him to convince him to join :-)

Even though Nolan trilogy is my favorite, I would not mind seeing Bale in a Multiverse movie. It would have been interesting to see how internet reacted to it. 

27 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

I mean it's not "no one" but clearly Kang wasn't enough and they basically built the film around him. That in itself is a problem. Will viewers expect the same from the next film he appears in?

I don't think you can call him as a concept striking home. It's a two hour film and he's in a significant proportion of that.

I just think its unfair to say Kang wasn't enough when an Antman film opened $100M+

WOM is what killed Quantumania 

31 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

Not really, if anything nostalgia is the best at getting audiences to ignore lack of coherence.

Had they gotten Bale it would have been massive for BO no doubt.

8 minutes ago, CrashBandicoot81 said:

And to think that MCU wants this Kang clown to be a threat for Phrase 5. Dude convienantly forgot he had force chokes just so he can throwdown with Scott.

Kang wasn't a clown, what? He was the best thing about Quantumania.

Spoiler

Kang being partially beaten by the ants was a major gaffe though