kayumanggi

Weekend Thread (02.24 - 02.26) | Actuals: 31.96M QUANTUMANIA | 23.26M COCAINE BEAR | 15.80M JESUS REVOLUTION

4 hours ago, DTP said:

Wow, it declined by 50% or more every single weekend until it was under $100k.  o.O  That's horrendous, especially for something attached to Pixar and Toy Story, however loosely.

I do knew a few people that liked it.  One of them recommended it so I started watching it, part I watched was okay, but I had to stop to take care of something and haven't been bothered to finish it since.  It's been like 6 months.

That's not an extreme enough take. The only major animated film whose legs are even vaguely in the same universe was the (PG-13) Simpsons movie. It just 100% did not play like a children's animated film. 

32 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

To Mickey, a very greedy mouse, anything less than everything he considers small. Mickey wishes he owned Avatar and wasn't just the delivery boy

Mickey owns the avatar. Its creator got sprinkles worth $90M; the food worth $1B has already been eaten by the greedy mouse.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 2

19 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

unfei19leska1.jpg?width=908&auto=webp&v=

If Marvel makes the AM4 and if they make it well, it will still do only 500M, and people will still call it a flop. Do you know why? Because sites like Deadline and Variety will give a random budget figure of 200 or 250 million without having any idea of what the actual budget is.

Edited by Willowra

9 minutes ago, Willowra said:

If Marvel makes the AM4 and if they make it well, it will still do only 500M, and people will still call it a flop. Do you know why? Because sites like Deadline and Variety will give a random budget figure of 200 or 250 million without having any idea of what the actual budget is.

People made up a fake $2b break even point for Avatar 2, so they could flame it even if it did well. Didn't matter though cos it makes 2.3 billies lmao

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bear said:

Moderation

@IronJimbo This "Disney doesn't actually own Avatar" nonsense isn't funny anymore. I don't care what "evidence" you have. It always derails threads and starts pointless flame wars and we don't need this energy. Please stop with this.

There's no 'evidence' eitherway you should know. I accept you find it pointless and this is your land (shout out to jake sully) so I won't bring it up anymore.

• Like 1

Lightstorm Entertainment - owned by James Cameron - is the IP holder of Avatar.

Disney, after buying Fox, owns the distribution rights and forged an agreement to use the IP contents exclusively, like for the Avatar themed park.

Just wanted to clarify the debate once and for all. If you’re interested here’s a good resume:

https://alitaarmy.org/2021/03/24/who-actually-owns-the-ip-rights-to-avatar-alita-battle-angel/

Edited by Mr Roark
  • Like 4