Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 3/10-12 | Weekend Estimates: Scream VI 44.5 (franchise best!), Creed III 27.2, LXV 12.3 #AintManIII 7, Cocaine Bear I 6.2

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

:ohmygod:

Scream 5 fell -24.1% on Saturday. This must be WOM, as there’s no other reason for the 6th film to be less frontloaded than the 5th. 

This is amazing lol. 

Neve unfortunately now has no negotiation power with them, the film has opened much better without her. 

Yeah this increase must definitely be WOM. Heard so much more buzz and great things about this movie then 5. I loved 6 compared to feeling meh about 5 myself.

• Like 1

I know Scream 2022 dealt with COVID but the more I think about it the more impressive this opening is. Grossing nearly $15M more on OW from your previous installment in only one year is amazing. Especially when it’s rare from the horror/slasher genre, *cough* Halloween Ends *cough*

Just what happens when you make a really good slasher that audiences and fans will love and you market the hell out of. Box office (except 4) and quality wise, Scream has to be the most consistent horror franchise.
Edited by mmed1345
  • Like 1