Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 3/10-12 | Weekend Estimates: Scream VI 44.5 (franchise best!), Creed III 27.2, LXV 12.3 #AintManIII 7, Cocaine Bear I 6.2

2 minutes ago, JayPrimetown said:

I agree with you. Scream is doing very well. I'm sure Paramount is happy.

I was responding to the comment about Scream being marketed more than Maverick which I said is just untrue.

Yup sorry about that. .wasn't directed at you.

If these scream estimates keep going up this thread could get real intrsesting..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ronin46 said:

Lionsgate not going to report Jesus Revolutions?

It's worst day of the week is normally Friday b/c its audience is at fish frys, soup dinners, and stations of the cross.  So I expect they'll slow roll it and just give a weekend estimate tomorrow...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Haha 1

Great number for Scream 6. Given they already played the "nostalgia comeback" card just last year, this one should have stayed flat at best. People just got too hyped on early presales. Amazing for a sixth entry to grow its audience this much for no reason outside of "people like Jenna Ortega now."

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Great number for Scream 6. Given they already played the "nostalgia comeback" card just last year, this one should have stayed flat at best. People just got too hyped on early presales. Amazing for a sixth entry to grow its audience this much for no reason outside of "people like Jenna Ortega now."

This could hit 45. 50 was always overly optomistic. 

I thought 40 was a lock when I hit 5.7 previews and then I got lectured (incorrectly)  about how scream is always front loaded with lousy legs. Scream 4 scarred  people.

Edited by screambaby

26 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

"...goes to New York" is always a great sequel pitch though. every horror franchise should have one. I kinda hated 5cream and i want to see this.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

"...goes to New York" is always a great sequel pitch though. every horror franchise should have one. I kinda hated 5cream and i want to see this.

Scream 10 in space (or "In space, no one can hear you Scream") - releasing 2035.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Top 10 from Deadline:

Top 10 as of Saturday:

1.) Scream VI (Par) 3,675 theaters, Fri $19.5M 3-day $43.5M /Wk 1

2.) Creed III (UAR) 4,007 Fri $7.5M (-66%), 3-day $26.7M (-54%)/Total $100.9MWk 2

3.) 65 (Sony) 3,405 theaters, Fri $4.4M, 3-day $10.5M/Wk 1

4.) Ant-man and the Wasp Quantumania (Dis) 3,150 (-720) theaters, Fri $1.73M (-44%) 3-day $6.8M (-47%), Total $197.7M/Wk 4

5.) Cocaine Bear (Uni) 3,204 (-367) theaters, Fri $1.74M (-45%), 3-day $6.35M (-43%)/Total $51.8M/Wk 3

6.) Jesus Revolution (LG) 2,519 theaters (-56), Fri $1.42M (-35%) 3-day $5.3M (-38%)/Total $39.5M/ Wk 3

7.) Champions (Foc) 3,030 theaters, Fri $1.8M 3-day $4.77M/Wk 1

8.) Avatar: The Way of Water (Dis) 1,675 theaters (-625), Fri $610K (-21%) 3-day $2.7M (-26%)Total $674.7M /Wk 13

9.) Demon Slayer…Swordvillage (Cru) 1,700 theaters (-53%, Fri $514K (-87%), 3-day $1.7M (-83%)/Total $14.1M/Wk 2

10.) Puss in Boots: Last Wish (Uni) 1,816 theaters (-772), Fri $350K (-38%) 3-day $1.64M (-40%), Total $179.6M/Wk 12

• Like 1

I'm happy for how well anime has caught on at the domestic box office. But these awful, awful drops (80+%) are indicating that they are still playing to a niche fanbase and haven't really broken out much beyond that. And yes, I know that this recent Demon Slayer is just a few TV episodes packaged together as a sort of "fan event", but so many of these big anime releases have had similarly bad legs. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

Halloween Kills followed a movie that made $76m OW DOM, even though it sucked, the hype alone would be enough to propel it to a higher OW than the follow-up to a $30m OW grosser.

wonder why Scream can't get those kind of numbers since the first two Screams sold more tickets than any Halloween film

27 minutes ago, John Marston said:

wonder why Scream can't get those kind of numbers since the first two Screams sold more tickets than any Halloween film

Scream has only tidy, direct sequels without the messiness of Halloween. It was easier for them to do a scrub, twice. Plus, Halloween benefitted from Scream. More than once. No surprise that the best Halloween sequel was written by Williamson. After Halloween Kills and Ends, Ghostface is laughing. 

36 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Oscars-Chart-1.jpg?resize=2048,1016

Yikes, just no one wants to see The Fabelmans, in cinemas or at home. 

Edited by Krissykins

26 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Wonder why the last 2 Halloween movies can't get scream numbers overall...oh yeah its a dead series