Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 3/10-12 | Weekend Estimates: Scream VI 44.5 (franchise best!), Creed III 27.2, LXV 12.3 #AintManIII 7, Cocaine Bear I 6.2

27 minutes ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Man who is this completely new user on the forum

Pic change was way overdue, and the bubble-gum chewing casual but not really import release is a pretty accurate representation of how checked I have been/will be for next few weeks 

10 minutes ago, M37 said:

Pic change was way overdue, and the bubble-gum chewing casual but not really import release is a pretty accurate representation of how checked I have been/will be for next few weeks 

Smh downgrading to a lower OW pic ;) 

• Knock It Off 1

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Decent for Scream but nothing  more. Arguably should have surpassed Halloween Kills’ opening weekend 

Halloween Kills followed a movie that made $76m OW DOM, even though it sucked, the hype alone would be enough to propel it to a higher OW than the follow-up to a $30m OW grosser.

7 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Halloween Kills followed a movie that made $76m OW DOM, even though it sucked, the hype alone would be enough to propel it to a higher OW than the follow-up to a $30m OW grosser.

And Scream literally got a bigger marketing push than Top Gun. 

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 5
  • Disbelief 5
  • Knock It Off 1

Hillarious that people think this isn't a great weekend for scream...you do realize it's making more money then it did for a sequel for a movie that just came oit a year ago and lacks the star of the first 5 movies? 

I might be a new member but I've read enough to. Know most didn't think this would hit more then 35.....

And the halloween comparison is funny. Halloween has always had a bigger fan base yet scream 5 beats ends both domestically  and internationally and beat kills overall. 6 is gonna destroy  them.

Jmo

Edited by screambaby
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cheesypoofs said:

Michael is my favorite horror icon, but I don't think there's been a bad Scream movie yet. Scream 3 is my least favorite of them all but even that's better than some of the Halloween movies, as much as I love Michael.

Parker Posey alone makes Scream 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than most horror sequels

• Like 3

So... we get back-to-back No.1 films from decades-spanning franchises seeing their respective franchise best OWs WITHOUT the main character who started it all.

Michael B Jordan and Jenna Ortega proving that there is such a thing as star power at the BO even among the younger set as long as the actor is cast in the right role or genre.

• Like 8