filmlover

We Live in Time | 10/11/24 | A24 | Florence Pugh, Andrew Garfield

2 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

I wonder if this is gonna be an Oscar play or not, that release date doesn't inspire supreme confidence

October is a good spot. All of Q4 is considered the awards season corridor. 

Good poster by the way, looking forward to the trailer. Andy G and Miss Flo is such an attractive pairing.

• Like 1

Yeah lots of awards bait gets released in October. That was when Killers of the Flower Moon dropped last year and pre-COVID that was often where "realistic" big budget auteur sci-fis got slated.

• Like 1

Looks fine. Garfield is a big fave and he needs a hit, I hope it's good. 

It's interesting though that they 're selling it as a very earnest dramedy. Maybe that's what it is but I still expected A24 to give the trailer some tryhard edgy angle.

2 hours ago, Joel M said:

Looks fine. Garfield is a big fave and he needs a hit, I hope it's good. 

It's interesting though that they 're selling it as a very earnest dramedy. Maybe that's what it is but I still expected A24 to give the trailer some tryhard edgy angle.

There were whispers for a while that Pugh was playing a woman dying of cancer in this (especially when she appeared with the short hair for the Oppenheimer press tour during the midst of filming this) so the straightforward drama tone shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

This does look a bit on the sappy side of things but I'd watch Andrew and Florence in anything so I'll see it.