kayumanggi

Weekdays Thread | April 03 - 06 | Thu Numbers | 26.57M THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE | 2.45M AIR | 2.30M D&D

31 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Who is this Angel Studios that coming in and deliver a mini-hit His Only Son? His only son could be the biggest hit from a micro-sized distributor since Terrifier 2.  

I had no idea...and so I googled it...and now I TOTALLY get why that film broke out.

Angel Studios is the streamer who made The Chosen, which is the biggest tv episode release on screen, too.  They have a built-in faith based audience for their stuff.  His Only Son is their very 1st theatrical movie release.

• Like 1

The budget for His Only Son is reportedly less than $250K, and the studio crowdfunded $1.3M for marketing:

https://www.ksl.com/article/50604191/angel-studios-latest-film-his-only-son-recounts-the-story-of-abraham-and-isaac

I wonder if Angel Studios will eventually branch out into more contemporary faith-based movies.

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Thursday I think. Expecting big Wednesday drops for everything because of showtime/screen losses to Mario and Air. 

Getting annoyed with box office mojo...haven't updated screams international total since the weekend wick came  out  and totals for Tuesday for any movie

Edit: guess someone got the message. Both finally updated.

Edited by screambaby
  • Like 1

Ouch ouch everywhere.....

Also on Wednesday, Paramount/eOne’s Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves fell 49% (from Tuesday) for an estimated $1.9M and a running cume of six days of $45.4M. Lionsgate’s John Wick: Chapter 4 also eased 37% from Tuesday with an estimated $1.8M and a running total of $130M in the middle of week 2. Paramount/Spyglass Media’s Scream VI did an estimated $459K in fifth place, -36% from Tuesday, for a running cume, breathes aways from the century mark, at $99.9M. It will be the third Scream movie to pass $100M in the U.S./Canada after the first 1996 movie ($103M) and 1997’s Scream 2 ($101M).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Also on Wednesday, Paramount/eOne’s Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves fell 49% (from Tuesday) for an estimated $1.9M and a running cume of six days of $45.4M. Lionsgate’s John Wick: Chapter 4 also eased 37% from Tuesday with an estimated $1.8M and a running total of $130M in the middle of week 2. Paramount/Spyglass Media’s Scream VI did an estimated $459K in fifth place, -36% from Tuesday, for a running cume, breathes aways from the century mark, at $99.9M. It will be the third Scream movie to pass $100M in the U.S./Canada after the first 1996 movie ($103M) and 1997’s Scream 2 ($101M).

That is just sad. I really hope D&D recovers.

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

That is just sad. I really hope D&D recovers.

Yeah. Not sure what Paramount was thinking with that release date less than 1 week before Mario. It was going to be buried regardless of the great WOM and reviews. 

27 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Not ouch everywhere at all, that drop for Scream VI is only -37% on last Wednesday :) 

As I expected, passing $100m on Thursday. Amazing news.