BadOlCatSylvester

April 14th-16th 2023 Weekend Thread | $900K previews for Renfield

2 hours ago, DAR said:

This was me during Covid. I was the only person in quite a few movies.

Off the top of my head, I was alone during the opening day screenings of Tenet, The Suicide Squad, Nobody, The Last Duel, Monster Hunter, Copshop, Mortal Kombat and The Northman.  

Good times! 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Jon Motherfucking Peters

When Bradley Cooper said he was from the streets in Licorice Pizza, I laughed like a hyena in the theater. I think I was the only one in the theater who got that reference lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, narniadis said:

@MovieMan89 not sure off the top but, BATBs women demographic may have helped the Sunday holds a tad. And coupled with it being in the March Spring break corridor, it could have been a 1-2 punch or just a random unexplainable blip. The weekend thread from back then may shed some light. 

Yeah, possible it was an SB thing but I get kinda weary on how it seems like SB is thrown around for like 6 separate weeks in March and April as having a big box office impact. If schools around the country are really that out of sync on it, then I kinda doubt it affects any one week all that much. 

Less kid-skewing makes sense though for better Sun holds than Mario would have. 

I am not questioning its potential for sure. I think its taking out Incredibles 2 at this point. There is absolutely no competition for it until Guardians and I feel it will do ok even post that. Mario is basically pulling in a Maverick at this point. No other movie will be in its ball park this year for sure. Its winning domestic and WW. Overseas we have to wait and see how far it goes. At least I can see MI7 gross more than Mario. But I dont see any other movie beating Mario OS as well. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 11

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am not questioning its potential for sure. I think its taking out Incredibles 2 at this point. There is absolutely no competition for it until Guardians and I feel it will do ok even post that. Mario is basically pulling in a Maverick at this point. No other movie will be in its ball park this year for sure. Its winning domestic and WW. Overseas we have to wait and see how far it goes. At least I can see MI7 gross more than Mario. But I dont see any other movie beating Mario OS as well. 

Okay Saturday better have a 4 in front of it with everything you’re saying…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Also, I saw Indy 5 being compared to TFA in box office terms? Really?!? I would certainly hope it doesn’t need to be outlined why that’s a terrible analogy/comp that doesn’t work at all. 

Hi. I didn’t say Indy 5 would make as much, just that it seemed silly to say Indy 4 will hurt the movie for a variety of reasons and used TFA as a comparison in that regard. I obviously don’t think it will make as much as that. Please don’t put words into my mouth.

• Like 1

Honestly all I truly care about with Mario at this point is if it can dethrone TLK remake WW. I can’t stand that travesty getting brought up as highest grossing “animated” film ever, and me wanting to scream from the rooftop that if that’s animation then so are the Avatar movies, and A1 is the highest grossing “animated” movie. 

• Like 7
  • Heart 1