Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Friday #s: Mario 14.1, Evil Dead 10.3, Covenant 2.25, John Wick 1.6, Air 1.4

46 minutes ago, Nate said:

Assuming 58mil, which is a great number, and guesstimating weekly drops in the 32-37% ish range for the rest of its run, Mario ends around 585 million.

Does it have enough gas to push to 600million? It would only need a couple mid-20% weekly drops in the next 2/3 weeks to get there. Not impossible at all.

$600M is feasible but my target is midway between TLK 19' and Incredibles 2 (~$575M).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, XXR Metro Boomin said:

$600M is feasible but my target is midway between TLK 19' and Incredibles 2 (~$575M).

I'm a bit higher in the $580-$585 range, which would make Mario the third recent film to finish less than $20M away from a $100M threshold (Avatwo ~$683M, Puss ~$186M), with Wick on track to do the same, while D&D still has an outside chance to get all the way there

43 minutes ago, XXR Metro Boomin said:

Same, Mario's weekend gross is still unable to offset the lost ground over I2's mid-week advantage. 

14 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Finally a more reasonable hold for such a good crowd-pleaser. I expect one more great weekend hold before GOTG3 and hoping the movie can come as close as possible to $100m that encourage Paramount to "cheat" over it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

If that estimate holds, it would be 11.87x Thursday, vs 11.69x for Jungle Book, while Sonic 2 (two weeks after Easter) was 15.91x

Curious to see how strong of a Sunday hold Universal projects after last week's monster Sun,  but regardless I think $40M+ is in the cards for 4th weekend

• Like 1