SLAM!

Y10 Discussion Thread

After a long wait, GLCE will be up tomorrow. I finished the draft tonight but need to grammar edit it. I’ll be dropping it and another project hopefully simultaneously tomorrow.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2024 at 9:12 PM, YM! said:

After a long wait, GLCE will be up tomorrow. I finished the draft tonight but need to grammar edit it. I’ll be dropping it and another project hopefully simultaneously tomorrow.

After some slight delays will be up tomorrow with mystery project.

39 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I don't actually see it in the submission thread 🫤

The submission post was actually from a couple months back because @Hiccup23 didn’t know that we changed the rules so that you can only post a film once it’s completed. Should be on page one iirc.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

After many drafts, Gateways: The Empire of Zenith is done. It's about 21k words long and just needs to be grammar edited. The film will be uploaded tomorrow.

• Like 2

I'm also working on a project (an adaptation of Jerry Spinelli's Maniac Magee) that I plan to put on the 12/23 date. Looking at the schedule, the only remaining date that needs another film is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (11/25). I know @YM!said he was planning to put something on that date, so we'll hopefully be covered there.

Once those remaining films are posted, I believe we'll be good to close the second half of the submission thread. If anyone has a project still in the works, please let us know and we'll be sure to keep it open until they are completed/posted. Since @SLAM!, the original creator of the thread, confirmed that he's no longer an active member on the forums, we'll create a completed version of his original schedule and make it the final post of the thread for everyone to easily access. After that, I'll DM one of the mods to lock the thread, and Part 1 of Year 10 will be officially concluded! 

Also, FYI @Hiccup23, Scott Derrickson is already slated for another film this year, so you'll need to pick another director for your October horror film.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rorschach said:

I'm also working on a project (an adaptation of Jerry Spinelli's Maniac Magee) that I plan to put on the 12/23 date. Looking at the schedule, the only remaining date that needs another film is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving (11/25). I know @YM!said he was planning to put something on that date, so we'll hopefully be covered there.

Once those remaining films are posted, I believe we'll be good to close the second half of the submission thread. If anyone has a project still in the works, please let us know and we'll be sure to keep it open until they are completed/posted. Since @SLAM!, the original creator of the thread, confirmed that he's no longer an active member on the forums, we'll create a completed version of his original schedule and make it the final post of the thread for everyone to easily access. After that, I'll DM one of the mods to lock the thread, and Part 1 of Year 10 will be officially concluded! 

Also, FYI @Hiccup23, Scott Derrickson is already slated for another film this year, so you'll need to pick another director for your October horror film.

Changed the director! Thanks for catching it! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, YM! said:

After many drafts, Gateways: The Empire of Zenith is done. It's about 21k words long and just needs to be grammar edited. The film will be uploaded tomorrow.

Prepare for a afternoon drop for this baby. 22k words. I also am going to try to get Lets Eat Dad done tomorrow night so both can drop together. I also got a half done draft of Romance Road 2 I can drop.

On 2/17/2024 at 9:53 PM, YM! said:

Prepare for a afternoon drop for this baby. 22k words. I also am going to try to get Lets Eat Dad done tomorrow night so both can drop together. I also got a half done draft of Romance Road 2 I can drop.

Actually 23,161 and posted. Will try to get the other two ready for tomorrow.

• Like 1