Dolby 3D: 2/8

IMAX: 0/4

Comps 

0.167x KFP4 for $0.8M

1.000x IO2 for $13.0M

0.400x TFOne for???

Garfield at zero sales unable to calculate 

Average: $6.9M

No movement on day 2. I'll probably switch to T minus comps tomorrow, which will bring the numbers down.

The Wild Robot, T-19, Western GTA (southern Ontario), Thursday Previews

Total Sales: 7

New Sales: 5

Growth: 250%

Theatres: 5

Showtimes: 17

Tickets per Showtime: 0.4

Chains tracked: MTC4

Ticket Premium in effect: N

PSales by Showtime

Late Afternoon: 0/5

Early Evening: 5/7

Late Evening: 2/5

Preview Sales by Format

Regular:  0/1

Regular 3D: 0/1

Dolby: 0/2

Dolby 3D: 7/8

IMAX: 0/4

Comps 

0.389x KFP4 for $1.9M

0.318x IO2 for $4.1M

1.400x TFOne for???

Garfield at zero sales unable to calculate 

Average: $3.0M

Switched comps to T minus. Because it had a nice bump in sales, it's held fairly well. 

• Like 3

They still haven't made Wild Robot ticket availability real public info yet. Don't believe Uni/Dreamworks or major theater chains have been promoting it on their socials. I would assume that will change with Beetlejuice out of the way and first festival screening about to go down.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, misterpepp said:

Don’t think so, but it should be a little wider than the usual Apple one week engagements.

Fair enough. At least it’s something. Kinda wish there was something big coming out next week to track but I mean, at least the mostly empty week means transformers and wild robot are less likely to get murdered when they arrive.

On 9/7/2024 at 9:58 PM, filmpalace said:

Decided to give tracking a go myself :) I’m not sure which cities are already being tracked by the other users on here, so if you guys have any suggestions or feel like I should focus on another city, please do tell (I don’t live in the U.S, either). For now, I chose to track 2 theaters in Las Vegas: the AMC Town Square and the AMC Rainbow Promenade. I know 2 theaters isn’t a lot, but I feel like this is a safe choice for now, considering I don’t know how time consuming tracking will become 😅

-

Speak No Evil T-5:

Tickets sold: 32

Showtimes: 8

-

No surprise here, but most seats that have been sold, are ones for evening shows.

No comps so far, since this is the first movie I’m tracking.

Speak No Evil T-4

Tickets sold: 35 (+3)

Theatres: 2

Showtimes: 8

Mcavoy will start making appearances on late night talkshows starting tomorrow. There will also be a lot of advance screenings tomorrow. Hoping that moves the needle a bit in terms of presales.

Edited by filmpalace
  • Like 2

On 9/5/2024 at 9:50 AM, Ryan C said:

Speak No Evil

T-7

Thursday: 250 Seats Sold (From 13 Theaters)

Taken as of 9:45AM Eastern Time

IMPORTANT NOTES: It's really difficult to gauge how well this will do based on pre-sales, but I'm expecting an opening that can't go any lower than $10M. Unlike past Blumhouse releases (Imaginary and AfrAId) reviews should actually be good (and James McAvoy's presence is always welcome), but it's gonna be hard to appeal to the prime moviegoing demographic for horror films (18-34 years old). Especially with it being a remake of a Danish horror film, it just feels like a horror film that's skews much older than the average horror film. 

We'll see, but unless something crazy happens, I wouldn't expect this to be the next M3GAN or The Black Phone. 

Speak No Evil

T-4

Thursday: 401 Seats Sold (60.4% Increase From Last Time) 

(From 13 Theaters)

Taken as of 7:10PM Eastern Time

IMPORTANT NOTES: This is actually pretty encouraging. Unless something catastrophic happens, an opening in the double digits should be pretty likely. Now it's up to word-of-mouth and how well this continues to do in the next couple of days to see if it can possibly do better than what a lot of people are expecting. 

I still don't think this will be a horror breakout on the levels of something like M3GAN or The Black Phone, but then again, I couldn't even predict that the latter would be as successful as it was two years ago. Clearly we won't know where this is headed until at least Thursday. 

P.S. One of my theaters is showing this movie in PRIME and about a quarter of the seats I've got sold out right now are coming from those PRIME screenings. Though Beetlejuice Beetlejuice should retain the majority of the PLFs in its second weekend, this one getting any (and selling this well) is a good sign. 

• Like 3

I won't get a chance to post updates on Joker until tomorrow evening at earliest, probably Tuesday morning.

What are people thinking for comps? GxK, Dune and Beetlejuice? They're all wildly different starts for my numbers, so comps will be a mess.

Are we expecting EA shows for Joker? That's been the biggest challenge recently.

knocked-up-pete.gif

Spoiler

I think 6 weeks is long enough for my self-imposed break/exile.

... did I miss anything interesting?

Spoiler

Also my notifications seems to have reset (?) during my absence, so if anyone tagged me, its now (apparently) lost to the ether

• Like 2
  • Heart 3
  • Astonished 1

25 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I would say Deadpool probably best, would seem to have the most audience overlap.

Upper tier MCU at the peak of summer feels a little ambitious. It exploded out of the gate. It's hour 2 amounts were higher than my T-1 on Beetlejuice. But, I'll probably load it into the sheet to see what it spits out.

Final Beeetlejuice Beetlejuice open caption weekend sales numbers (Thursday to Sunday): 200 screentimes, 3081 tickets, ratio of 15.41 tickets to screentimes. Ran out of time before we could capture final data for several screentimes. There were a handful of zero solds. Overall, it did well, but it was no Barbie. As we counted, it felt like it was taking forever to hit that threshold of 15.00 for ticket to screentime sales to be considered a hit. We tracked OC sales from Wisconsin to Massachusetts. Ran out of time before we could get final data from NC, NY, and NJ. If we could have, the  t/s ratio would probably have gone up to at least 17.00. So while Beetlejuice Beetlejuice may have had 2nd highest September opening ever, it appears to be a moderate hit if the open caption sales are any indication; not sure if it merits blockbuster status.

• Like 3