Shawn Robbins

The Box Office Buzz, Tracking, and Pre-Sale Thread

2 hours ago, Shawn Robbins said:

Increasingly high probability that Terrifier is #1 this weekend, IMHO. I was skeptical the tracking pace would keep up but it has so far. BUT, I want to see how exhibitors respond to the demand and how much of the non-niche horror audience might show up.

This little indie-brand-that-could might be peaking at a perfect time.

Well, it won't get much competition from The Joker.

BTW any tracking for "COnclave" the next film that looms big on my personal radar? 

• Like 1

Terrifier 3

AMC Burbank 16 in California

T-4. 795 tickets sold for Thursday-Sunday over 19 showings.  431 tickets sold for Thursday over 5 showings.

T-3 (10:10pm EST) is 906 (+13.96%) tickets sold for Thursday-Sunday over 19 showings.  481 (+11.60%) tickets sold for Thursday over 5 showings.

Perhaps interesting is the 2 smaller AMC Burbank’s opened up two showings each for Thursday and they are selling well (an additional 62 tickets sold already).  They don’t yet have listed showings at these 2 theaters for Friday-Sunday.  Makes me wonder if the big theater was out of uncommitted screens Thursday night and so AMC brought in the smaller ones to assist with demand capacity.

NYC REGAL Local (Mon)

Terrifier 3: 177/496

Monday COMPS

Longleg: 62/512

Halloween Kills: 60/512

IT Part 2: 147/2674

No Monday numbers for Freddy's but Tues # was 217 tickets sold

Crazy numbers here even if it's wildly front loaded.  I didn't even know there was a Terrifier 1 or 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Founder / Operator
1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Well, it won't get much competition from The Joker.

BTW any tracking for "COnclave" the next film that looms big on my personal radar? 

Let me check, but on the personal side I am with you. Conclave looks damn good!