RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/taylor-swift-concert-film-amc-theaters-eras-tour-october-1235709150/

Truly believe this thing can do 50 million over the weekend. Taylor has made going to the Eras tour a cultural event and this will be an inexpensive way for her fans to relive the magic. Going to be insane.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/taylor-swift-concert-film-amc-theaters-eras-tour-october-1235709150/

Truly believe this thing can do 50 million over the weekend. Taylor has made going to the Eras tour a cultural event and this will be an inexpensive way for her fans to relive the magic. Going to be insane.

Already a queue

Doesn't happen for most of the film , although yes it will be very fan frontloaded pre sales 

"Prices are as numerically loaded as anything in Swift’s world: $19.89 for adults (plus tax), $13.13 for children and seniors, on standard screens. (Up-charges will kick in, as always, for Imax and Dolby Cinema showings.)"

Capitalist queen! In downtown Toronto most showings on Friday the 13th are already half sold out lol

100 million opening weekend is on lock for this one. Believe it. 
ATP is high, tickets are selling like mad. Millions and millions were queued to buy tickets to her concert and didn’t get them. They are all going to see this in theatres, many several times. 

• Like 2

Just now, Taylor said:

So this is only playing Thursdays through Sundays it seems. Cineplex has TFS shows from Oct. 13 to November 5 listed right now (15 days total).

Maybe possible

They said 4 weeks now and could be extended till 26 weeks based on demand and how it performs 

I think Holiday period could help it a bit more 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

100 million opening weekend is on lock for this one. Believe it. 
ATP is high, tickets are selling like mad. Millions and millions were queued to buy tickets to her concert and didn’t get them. They are all going to see this in theatres, many several times. 

Don't know about 100m also this is new for Swifties so I am not sure about how many will actually wanna go again and again

The tour is already so huge, so this is all just bonus anyways 

As I mentioned in the tracking thread, the PLF shows for this are already pretty much gone near me. I kind of feel bad for The Exorcist: Believer because they probably thought it was going to be an easy #1 for it given the Friday October the 13th marketing gimmick it had lol oops oh well.

Was able to score two tickets in Dolby (which were $24.95 if I recall correctly in the mad dash) after having to wait 10 minutes in a queue and reload each AMC screen a few times. This is going to easily top 100m OW as long as it’s given the screen count. I’m having to go to a different theater to see if in Dolby cause my usual one has it on the IMAX screen but not the Dolby one. I bet that changes at some point. What else are they saving it for? 

Also I was not able to use my Stubs A-List for this. Miss Swift is collecting all the coins on this. 

Edited by harry713