RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Im seeing people calling this and Killers of Flower Moon "the next Barbenheimer" and is that just going to be the new word for literally any kind of counterprogramming, something that absolutely existed before this summer

The Dark Knight vs Mama Mia would have been called Mama Knight if released today.

• Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

The movies flopping weren't her fault, but she really needs to do a better job at picking the right movies to be in. I know a lot of singers want to make the transition to actors but most don't work out.

Being a movie star and being a music star are 2 different thing.

For swift in particular she's famous for being a songwriters and a storyteller. Can be successful as actress in a very build role on her but even her fans i think don't care to see her doing the actress, something is not her narrative.

The success of this if something could tell us her directorial announced debut (a movie She also wrote) could really get her fans - people interested cause It's like one of her albums and something she wrote. And maybe being at least in the first weeks a big success. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

This is such a cool development. I have zero interest in watching it, but we all thought we were settling in for a long, dark box office winter post-Barbenheimer, and out of nowhere comes this overwhelming shot of box office adrenaline courtesy of Taylor Swift. Awesome. We all woke up to like, a lovely gift.  

And imagine what a terrible morning this was for Universal and the Exorcist team. Good! 

Edited by MisterLibby
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, MisterLibby said:

This is such a cool development. I have zero interest in watching it, but we all thought we were settling in for a long, dark box office winter post-Barbenheimer, and out of nowhere comes this overwhelming shot of box office adrenaline courtesy of Taylor Swift. Fuckin’ awesome. We all woke up to like, a lovely gift.  

And imagine what a terrible morning this was for Universal and the Exorcist team. Good! 

According to indie wire this morning there was like an earthquake in Hollywood, and some executives and producers are mad cause you can't announce such a big release just like 6-7 weeks before.

Honestly? I think Swift could have sold this to like Netflix or prime video for like 100M dollars. She choose the theaters and there is another possible big movie coming.

barbenheimer just showed there is space for anyone if people care about a movie. Nowadays If people don't care they just won't show up.  

More big movies are out better is for everyone. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Never underestimate the greed from movie theaters to make every last cent off moviegoers!

I will criticize all of AMC's shitty practices all day(as well as capitalism in general lol), but this genuinely confuses me.  

Like, of COURSE they are, why wouldn't they?  Is it really any different than exclusive merch you can only get by going to her concert?  I'm assuming this happens and that it's also very reasonably priced, lmao.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Im seeing people calling this and Killers of Flower Moon "the next Barbenheimer" and is that just going to be the new word for literally any kind of counterprogramming, something that absolutely existed before this summer

That's only because Barbenheimer is probably the most successful example of counterprogramming in Hollywood history. 

6 minutes ago, Eric McCall said:

LMFAO eat shit studios. You got what you fucking deserve lol

2nd that. By hardballing WGA/SAG studios were effectively screwing up the theaters and this is them striking back at the big bad boys. If the suits dont get their house in order, theaters have to go other ways to make content that attracts the audience. This need not be just an one off.

• Like 11

Taylor Swift is creating a blue print that takes power away from the big major studios and that’s why they’re mad. 

But I will say very few people have the power that Taylor has to do what she’s doing. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

theaters have to go other ways to make content that attracts the audience. This need not be just an one off

Since Sony keeps re-releasing Across the Spider-Verse, I'd love to see them release the orchestra version of Into the Spider-verse they keep having shows for on the East Coast.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Eric McCall said:

LMFAO eat shit studios. You got what you fucking deserve lol

Interesting, though I can't help smelling a whiff of sour grapes...

The concert’s ticket prices are preset at $19.89 for adults, $13.13 for children not including taxes and fees. That’s unusual, if not illegal; distributors are prohibited from dictating tickets prices and it’s unclear what loophole might have been used here. That also violates industry norms of variable pricing for matinees, senior discounts, and different regions. Manhattan and Los Angeles theaters cost more than a small Midwestern town, but not here. Also disregarded are theaters’ benefit programs like AMC Stubs..

I mean, we just had National Cinema Day and also 80 for Brady did an $8 ticket promotion at some point, then "matinee all day" pricing. I guess the issue is really that the industry insiders weren't in the know weeks ahead of time and didn't get to give their two cents.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DAJK said:

That's only because Barbenheimer is probably the most successful example of counterprogramming in Hollywood history. 

The thing is it technically isn't, because the double feature thing meant there was a substantial overlap in both audiences...which will not happen probably here. Especially if it drops off big in week 2

The exorswift could have been fun and somehow could have work. Both appealing to young people, pop products etc..

Between Scorsese and a pop concert (or any concert in general) i don't feel any connection. It's totally forced so won't happen. 

Edited by vale9001