RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

3 minutes ago, XXR Was Right said:

Before prognosticating an October OW record, remember that this will not have much GA walkup and will be very presales heavy. I would compare it more to an anime film than anything else. 

Even as a big fan, I’d be surprised if this went over $50M OW.

Yup

Right now $50m is ceiling 

• Haha 1

also lol @

The prospect of ticketing systems breaking down is not something film exhibitors have traditionally publicly fretted about, but desperate fandoms call for desperate measures. And so AMC is saying that preventive measures have already been taken to avoid any meltdowns of the sort that made the on-sales for the actual tour a nightmare for many fans… while cautioning that it still may not be as quick or easy an experience as buying a ticket for, say, “Barbie.”

I couldn't even check showtimes without getting into a 10 minute queue when Barbenheimer came out. I can only hope they're prepared for this!

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

https://x.com/blumhouse/status/1697277310335144115?s=46&t=ivGmGl6bx9yMhARnU2Vzxw

(Tweets no longer automatically embed for me… any tips?) 

You can't embed when you have x.com. You have to manually change it to twitter.com for it to embed. We're trying to figure out how to fix this, but I just embedded this for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, this will easily be the highest grossing opening weekend since Barbie as I think it could certainly flirt with if not surpass $100M for its OW. With it also being released in Regal, Cinemark and other chains besides AMC, capacity limitations will only stop the film from hitting $200M for the weekend. I’m seeing a lot of non-PLF showings for Saturday that have very few seats remaining after only a few hours of sales. Some large 300-400 seat and larger screens already have few seats left available.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

LOL at anyone saying 50 is the ceiling you simply don’t understand Taylor’s power right now. It’s unmatched.

Yeah, all signs are pointing to pretty much the number of showings it will have being it’s ceiling. It should actually be relatively easy to calculate its monstrous OW once we know just how many showings it will have I think.

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

(Tweets no longer automatically embed for me… any tips?) 

Yea, leave Twitter. (Just kidding… sorta)

On a more serious note, studios are really desperate to force the next Barbenheimer on us, aren’t they? Holy crap 

• Disbelief 1