SpiderByte

Renaissance | Beyonce Concert Movie | Releasing December 1st

2 hours ago, Jake4 said:

but it would make more than 2.6 because there are other regions that will be added, hence our 4-5m prediction?

Sacramento is performing fairly weak for it which is why it's lower than what other regions/national metrics indicate.

1 hour ago, Jake4 said:

i just saw taylor did 2.8m in previews for thursday

Yep, but unlike Renaissance which launched presales with Thursday tickets, Eras only added them on Wednesday night the day before previews. If Eras had a traditional run and launched with previews from the beginning, I estimate it would have made $25-30M.

26 minutes ago, XXR Delayed Until 2025 said:

Sacramento is performing fairly weak for it which is why it's lower than what other regions/national metrics indicate.

Oh that makes sense. But other regions will come through and push it up...i hope. 

Yep, but unlike Renaissance which launched presales with Thursday tickets, Eras only added them on Wednesday night the day before previews. If Eras had a traditional run and launched with previews from the beginning, I estimate it would have made $25-30M.

Oh that makes sense. But other regions will come through and push it up...i hope

as a fucking huge beyonce stan who is so thankful were getting this i think anything over 30 is a huge win. what taylor (also a huge fan to be clear) did and is doing is so far and apart diffferent from where beyonce is focused and if anything renaissance ostracized many of her mainstream fans for the sake of a vision. taylor knows what her fans want and gives it to them in spades, while continuing to accelerate the growth of that fan base. beyonce is doing work solely for herself.

in nashville our imax shows are well sold (all around 80% the first few days) but the general shows are EMPTY. expecting this to do at least 50% of its business on Thursday/Friday and fall hard. 30/60 is what im hoping for. 

now let me go get all my silver shit out.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Heart 3

1 hour ago, RyneOh1040 said:

as a fucking huge beyonce stan who is so thankful were getting this i think anything over 30 is a huge win. what taylor (also a huge fan to be clear) did and is doing is so far and apart diffferent from where beyonce is focused and if anything renaissance ostracized many of her mainstream fans for the sake of a vision. taylor knows what her fans want and gives it to them in spades, while continuing to accelerate the growth of that fan base. beyonce is doing work solely for herself.

in nashville our imax shows are well sold (all around 80% the first few days) but the general shows are EMPTY. expecting this to do at least 50% of its business on Thursday/Friday and fall hard. 30/60 is what im hoping for. 

It won't do over 30m

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RyneOh1040 said:

This is well said. They are two completely different projects with different intentions. Beyonce film is for the CORE fans and it is quite intimate from all the reviews we have seen. 

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Renaissance MTC1

Previews(T-4) - 98615/321231 2483994.00 1626 shows

Pace

Friday - 82681/718167 2101422.00 3478 shows

Pace is starting to amp up. I think MTC1 alone could hit 3.5m with good final week pace. Overall I am hopeful for 5m previews. 

Pace seems worse than Taylor. Doubt it reaches 3.5M. 

@keysersoze123 do you agree? is it still looking like 5m previews and over 20m OW? Thanks