XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

And Doctor Strange did 900 mil after 6, Thor 4 dropped less than 100 mil from Ragnarok after 5 (and didn't drop at all domestically). If distance hurt it then logically those should have had worse drops with longer waits, correct?

I just don't think the wait was defining a factor as you claim.

What part about “multiple appearances with substantial roles mitigate this” aren’t you getting?

• Like 1

Just now, YM! said:

What part about “multiple appearances with substantial roles mitigate this” aren’t you getting?

Deadpool has had zero appearances between sequels. Again, I just really don't think distance is as big a factor as is being claimed. Shang-Chi, again, will also have appearances between his own movies.

Why is everyone acting like this isn't absolutely Marvels MO for over a decade

Edited by SpiderByte

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Deadpool has had zero appearances between sequels. Again, I just really don't think distance is as big a factor as is being claimed. Shang-Chi, again, will also have appearances between his own movies.

Why is everyone acting like this isn't absolutely Marvels MO for over a decade

Again, Deadpool has swapped between universes and has a character people really love being Wolverine. And tbh although I think it should outgross the first two, I’m doubtful on 1B. And Deadpool wasn’t part of a universe with 24 projects since his last big appearance.

6 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

The problem with Carol is that it feels like we haven't seen her at all in 4.5 years. Because we kind of haven't. She has only appeared in the post credits of Shang-Chi and Ms. Marvel.

Only reason Brie was in Shang Chi was because of the directors connection to her, and wasn't the scene on Ms Marvel just from taken from The Marvels? Lazy.

Marvel just seemed to have no idea what to do with her. Maybe she is just too powerful.

I should really just ask an AI to do this for me but fuck it:

Iron Man (2008)

Iron Man 2 (2010)

Avengers (2012)

Iron Man 3 (2013)

Avengers 2 (2015)

Captain America 3 (2016) 

Spiderman: Homecoming (2017)

Avengers 3 (2018)

Avengers 4 (2019)

Thor (2011)

Avengers (2012)

Thor 2 (2013)

Avengers 2 (2015)

Thor 3 (2017)

Avengers 3 (2018)

Avengers 4 (2019)

Captain America (2011)

Avengers (2012)

Captain America 2 (2014)

Avengers 2 (2015)

Captain America 3 (2016) 

Avengers 3 (2018)

Avengers 4 (2019)

So thats the OGs who arguably created the most successful cinema franchise in history. All agreed?

OK heres the replacements;

Captain America 3 (2016) 

Black Panther (2018)

Avengers 3 (2018)

Avengers 4 (2019) [Non-Primary]

Black Panther 2 (2022)

Captain Marvel (2019)

Avengers 4 (2019)

The Marvels (2023)

Doctor Strange (2016)

Avengers 3 (2018)

Avengers 4 (2019) 

No Way Home (2021)

Doctor Strange 2 (2022)

Thats not too bad imo especially over COVID; Captain Marvel is the biggest exception but I've talked about my views on this in the Marvels thread. Now onto our additional friend Shang Chi;

Shang-Chi (2021)

Avengers 5 (2026)

Avengers 6 (2027)

In no way is that building on Shang Chi in the same fashion. Its ridiculous to say otherwise.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Only reason Brie was in Shang Chi was because of the directors connection to her, and wasn't the scene on Ms Marvel just from taken from The Marvels? Lazy.

Marvel just seemed to have no idea what to do with her. Maybe she is just too powerful.

The thing about her being too powerful is always nonsense to me. Just give give her a more powerful enemy. Anyway my main reason for replying is that I've never seen the totally awful post credits scene from Shang Chi until now. It not only looks awful but it ignores the two leads who basically just answer terrible looking holograms.

It again like DS2 undermines the cliffhanger. Am putting it in my non-cannon head basket. The cliffhanger in Shang Chi is much much better.

5 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Umm, I have not read the previous page so maybe I'm missing some context but I definitely don't remember Shang-Chi ending on a cliffhanger.

Wong turns up and takes the two leads off to do something. They are never seen or mentioned again.

24 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

"Hello audience please watch stuff for two minutes that you don't give a fuck about to see a terrible scene" - What an amazing product.

Man you cannot possibly complain this much about saying "it was left on a Cliffhanger, there was no follow up to this scene" and then be this upset when you're corrected about that with a scene from the literal same movie, immediately following the scene you are talking about.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2