XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

21 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened. If there are characters that could have a resurgence and not even require the exact same cast, that’s them. My issue is with people taking tweets at face value without reading the actual articles. What the Variety  said ISN’T what several popular twitter acounts are tweeting.

Avengers x Eternals: Judgement Day is a popular and recent Marvel saga - and critically acclaimed because it’s extremely well written, not as popular as Civil War but it’s the best Avengers saga since Secret Wars (2015). Hell, maybe Doomsday IS Judgement Day. And that has Eternals written all over. We don’t really know where this is going. Neither does Variety. Neither they claimed they did. Neither said that any plans were scrapped.

And that means shit to the Average Movie Goer.

You do not make sequels to films that bomb the way that Eternals did. I have no doubt Eternals will show up in the MCU, but they will be like the  Hulk and not get another solo movie for along,long, time.

I also note that Feign has never felt compelled to follow the comic book storylines in the MCU. He often dratically changes then, I give you Civil War as an example.

And I promise you he into going to make someone who had a failed solo film as a centerpiece of the Avengers movie.

And I will take Variety over twitter accounts any day of the week.

Edited by dudalb

4 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

re: all of this eternals stuff, wasn't there some detective work months ago about how Iger's statements about various unannounced and scrapped MCU projects included an animated Eternals follow-up? 

We live in an world that people here claimed several bogus scoops that then were rehashed and regurgitated once again with an alleged hack that was never confirmed by any serious media outlet.

No, there is no sequel to Eternals announced. There are story threads being followed, and one that followed comics long enough could know where they might show up next.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Sersi is part of this new Avengers team, for example. What the Eternals are, and what they are contributing to the MCU as a whole have far longer ramifications than most people realize, it goes far beyond extracting adamantium from Tiamut’s corpse. 

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

We live in an world that people here claimed several scoops

That's more my point - I see this thread debating some current claims and I'm sitting here vaguely recalling just as specific claims from similar "tier" sources months/a year ago. Googling around I see there was something about an animated show with a logline but I can't quickly find the source of that claim. If the consensus was these were plausibly true claims, the fact a new scoop doesn't organically bring them up isn't a reason to disregard them. Ignoring this whole genre of scooper claim because of quality concerns is valid but just a different point than what I was thinking about. 

What the Eternals are, and what they are contributing to the MCU as a whole have far longer ramifications than most people realize, it goes far beyond extracting adamantium from Tiamut’s corpse. 

Given their unpopularity, and the length of time we've gone since the film's release, I doubt it. Given Thor 2's treatment in Endgame (and the social capital poured into the film on release), I imagine something will happen with them in an Avengers film but there are just plenty of dangling or repurposed MCU plot hooks. I highly doubt they'll make the Eternals a key part of the film's marketing (even if they play a key narrative role) but I'm getting the sense they would inherently do so under this hypothesis about how the new avengers films connect to recent marvel comics crossover series I know nothing about. Having an eternal on the Avengers seems pretty plausible but are you thinking a core or periphery character? 

The Kang Quantumania post credit scene is the MCU equivalent to the Superman Black Adam post-credit scene. Completely useless now but honestly RDJ/Iron Man is 100x more popular than Kang so that was a great decision. 

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Knock It Off 1

On 8/13/2024 at 9:07 PM, ZattMurdock said:

I wouldn’t be mad if Skaar takes over the role of Hulkling and Empyre kinda is fused with something like World War Hulk. It could work. Sakaar is still out there and Ragnarok is beloved, unlike Secret Invasion.

You shut your damn mouth. 

• Haha 3

I’m sorry Cap, but Secret Invasion made a number on me too. Not sure what to do with all of that.

I haven’t watched SI and don’t care to, but like, don’t fuck with Teddy like that. 

you know how you fix SI? You ignore it and just write the Skrull-Kree War as it should be.  

• Like 4

20 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

That's more my point - I see this thread debating some current claims and I'm sitting here vaguely recalling just as specific claims from similar "tier" sources months/a year ago. Googling around I see there was something about an animated show with a logline but I can't quickly find the source of that claim. If the consensus was these were plausibly true claims, the fact a new scoop doesn't organically bring them up isn't a reason to disregard them. Ignoring this whole genre of scooper claim because of quality concerns is valid but just a different point than what I was thinking about. 

Given their unpopularity, and the length of time we've gone since the film's release, I doubt it. Given Thor 2's treatment in Endgame (and the social capital poured into the film on release), I imagine something will happen with them in an Avengers film but there are just plenty of dangling or repurposed MCU plot hooks. I highly doubt they'll make the Eternals a key part of the film's marketing (even if they play a key narrative role) but I'm getting the sense they would inherently do so under this hypothesis about how the new avengers films connect to recent marvel comics crossover series I know nothing about. Having an eternal on the Avengers seems pretty plausible but are you thinking a core or periphery character? 

I think what Zack sort of forgets is that the MCU is its; own thing; and Feige can change whatever he wants from the comics.

It does no tmatter how popular the Eternals may or may not be in the comics, they failed in the movies. and Feige is under no obligation to give them as prominent a place in the MCU as they may hold in the comics (though I think Zack is exaggerating how important they are in the comics).

They can be easily written out; I don't think this will happen and we wil lsee the eternals in the MCU, but not in a really prominent role.

Feige has shown no hesistation in changing the Comic book content for the movies.Yes, he is faithful to the charecters, but he changes the other stuff as awful lot. For one thng, no way could he have as confused  a story line in the movies as we have gotten in a lot of the Marvle big events in the comics.