The Wild Eric

Red One | 11/15/24 | Amazon/MGM | Dwayne Johnson, Chris Evans | Rocky's Peach Tea

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Agreed. It can work....I think it worked in Deadpool and She Hulk Attorney At Law..but with those two charecters breaking the fourth wall  and displaying full knowledge they are comic book charecters is one of the defining things about the charecters.

One of the worse examples of bad meta is the 'I learned it from dragons" line in "Solo". Painfully unfunny and the audience in theaters groaned at it.

Same exact mentality here; "Hey lets have a joke with a DC charecter cracked by the rock. And we have Captain America as his co star. Knock em dead". Make them vomit is more likely.

Also the Jump Street movies where the movies poke fun of themselves.

Chris Evans does not give a fuck anymore does he? His post MCU choices save for Knives Out have been terrible. Downey JR made his money and said I am only to work when the good material comes my way. Evans is like Nope I am fine doing one piece of shit streaming like movie after another. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Chris Evans does not give a fuck anymore does he? His post MCU choices save for Knives Out have been terrible. Downey JR made his money and said I am only to work when the good material comes my way. Evans is like Nope I am fine doing one piece of shit streaming like movie after another. 

To be fair, RDJ had Doolittle after Endgame. But he’s the one who learned a lesson.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Morieris said:

If you recast half of it I'd watch.

If you take Dwayne Johnson out of this, this movie doesn't get made. Because the studio misguidedly thinks Dwayne Johnson can sell any stupid premise. Plus, the story idea came from Dwayne Johnson's producing partner.

• Like 1

I heard Dwayne by contract cannot lose a fight, and he seems to lose one in the trailer.  Does that mean he beats up Krampus?

My reason this is a clear no is Chris Evans.  After his horrible performance in Lightyear I am not interested in hearing his voice until... He gets cast as another character I love, and I become more of a hypocrite.  

43 minutes ago, Human said:

I heard Dwayne by contract cannot lose a fight, and he seems to lose one in the trailer.  Does that mean he beats up Krampus?

My reason this is a clear no is Chris Evans.  After his horrible performance in Lightyear I am not interested in hearing his voice until... He gets cast as another character I love, and I become more of a hypocrite.  

He gets slapped by one and looks unscathed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

If you take Dwayne Johnson out of this, this movie doesn't get made. Because the studio misguidedly thinks Dwayne Johnson can sell any stupid premise. Plus, the story idea came from Dwayne Johnson's producing partner.

I like how you assumed I wanted him recast.

You were right, but I just thought it was funny how I didn't need to say it.

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

I like how you assumed I wanted him recast.

You were right, but I just thought it was funny how I didn't need to say it.

The charm has been losing luster over the years so it seemed natural to assume.

16 hours ago, emoviefan said:

To be fair, he's probably just accepting whatever he's offered, since it's unlikely prestige projects are crossing his path.

10 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Looks lame. The Rock always just plays The Rock. Chris Evans is becoming a red flag if you see him attached to a film. 

Too bad about Evans. He had a big sucess Post MCU with "Knives Out" but seems to have picked a lot of bad scripts since.

What gets to me is who something like this cost 250 Million. No excuse for spending that much on this film. I get the image of a lot of that going not on screen, but into somebody's Swiss Bank Account.

9 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

So Dwayne Johnson's character is an Extremely Large and Formidable operative or an ELF. Hardyhar.

Between playing an "ELF" and Black Adam, he clearly has an aversion to having pointy ears.

To use a cliche, that is so funny I forgot to laugh.

I have sick feeling the rest of the writing might be just as lame.

Edited by dudalb

56 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Honestly, if this film leaned into the silliness of the plot rather than try to still be cool/snarky, it might have worked. A tone akin to Men In Black might have been the best way to go here.

That’s what I was thinking. The concept of reimagining the North Pole as being like the White House is frankly too goofy for them to play seriously.

On 6/25/2024 at 7:04 PM, Jay Beezy said:

To be fair, RDJ had Doolittle after Endgame. But he’s the one who learned a lesson.

And who managed to win an Oscar. And deserved it.

I am sure a lot of people though he made a mistake in taking what was a supporting role in a movie. But it sure as hell paid off big time for him.

The real question is how the hell did they end up spending so damn much on this????

I cannot see, from what Inow of the plot why it should have cost more then 100 Million. And even then I think it would have been a questionable bet.

• Like 1