Weekdays Thread (2/5-8)

← Previous Chart Chart Index  
    Movie Title Distributor Gross %YD %LW Theaters Per
Theater
Total
Gross
Days In
Release
- (2) The Chosen: Season 4 Epis… Fathom Events $562,605 -67%   2,281 $247 $7,937,936 5
- (7) Anyone But You Sony Pictures $250,000 -70% -34% 2,619 $95 $76,483,174 46
- (4) Wonka Warner Bros. $240,000 -83% -27% 2,901 $83 $201,274,847 53
- (10) Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom Warner Bros. $115,000 -80% -34% 1,742 $66 $120,852,803 46
- (-) The Book of Clarence Sony Pictures $16,000 -75% -60% 231 $69 $5,941,367 25

5   $1,183,605            
Our box office charts are compiled from data provided to us by distributors. To be included on our charts, please send reports to bodata@the-numbers.com.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skim Beeble said:

Is there an underlying reason for why most movies had a massive jump today? Argylle jumped 90%. 

The numbers are for Tuesday, so the increase should be due to Tuesday discount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kon said:

The numbers are for Tuesday, so the increase should be due to Tuesday discount.

Yup. Still, 90% is a nice bump. Likely just that the film has a bunch of popular actors and people are like, yeah, the reviews suck but I like Cavill/Cena/Rockwell/whoever and it’s half price so why not?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JustWatching said:

Yup. Still, 90% is a nice bump. Likely just that the film has a bunch of popular actors and people are like, yeah, the reviews suck but I like Cavill/Cena/Rockwell/whoever and it’s half price so why not?

I think its because its playing to an older crowd. 80 for Brady jumped 110% its first Tuesday. Argylle is falling behind 80 for Brady dailies which seems bad for the weekend.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons/Argylle-(2024-United-Kingdom)/80-for-Brady-(2023)#tab=day_by_day_comparison

• Like 2

Mean Girls can thank its lucky stars that it was direct-to-streaming originally so it looks like success now. But if it was theatrical from the start it would have been a disappointment considering lame af holds. 

• Like 1

I don’t understand WB. Barbie is still in the theaters but they stop reporting it. They were ok to report 1000-2000 minuscule grosses for weeks but when the movie expanded to 1200 locations after Oscar nomination, they suddenly decide stop reporting them. 

5 hours ago, JimmyB said:

I think its because its playing to an older crowd. 80 for Brady jumped 110% its first Tuesday. Argylle is falling behind 80 for Brady dailies which seems bad for the weekend.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons/Argylle-(2024-United-Kingdom)/80-for-Brady-(2023)#tab=day_by_day_comparison

Remember that 80 for Brady made a deal with theater chains to make all showings of the film cost matinee prices (so I'd assume it had better weekday numbers). OTOH that would imply a weak Tuesday bump.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/80-for-brady-tickets-sell-lower-prices-1235316300/

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Remember that 80 for Brady made a deal with theater chains to make all showings of the film cost matinee prices (so I'd assume it had better weekday numbers). OTOH that would imply a weak Tuesday bump.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/80-for-brady-tickets-sell-lower-prices-1235316300/

I forgot about that. Argylle should have done something like that. Wednesday it grossed only 948K.