kayumanggi

INSIDE OUT II | 958.1M overseas | 1596.0M worldwide

14 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

No way it passes Lion King with the way Deadpool is blowing up like this. Gotta wait until Shrek 5 I guess.

You are the only person who insists on categorising TLK as animated when Disney marketed it as a live action remake and that's a huge part of its success.

For all intents and purposes, IO2 is the biggest animated film okthanxbye

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 3:22 PM, Bob Train said:

Apart from those markets, Zootopia was not as big as Inside Out.

I think this is misleading from a DOM perspective. Zootopia did almost as much DOM as Inside Out did.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

That could also mean that Zootopia 2 has a big margin to increase OS numbers in most every country (mostly Latam and Europe), as IO2 has increased from IO.

Zootopia made 370M from China (236), Japan (70), Russia (40) and SK (30)... out of 685M total OS. So the rest of the world made "only" 315M. 

IO to IO2 increase in OS markets:

OS -> 502 to 862 (so far)

UK  -> 59 to 61

France -> 30 to 51

Italy -> 27 to 46

Spain -> 24 to 41

Germany -> 32 to 40

Mexico -> 31 to 98

Brazil -> 14 to 73

Argentina -> 11 to 27

Colombia -> 6 to 19

Chile -> 7 to 18

China -> 15 to 45

SK -> 31 to 56

Australia -> 24 to 34

Philippines -> 4 to 14

Taiwan ->  5 to 14

If IO2 has increase from 502 (IO) to possibly 950-1B, I don't see why Zootopia 2 couldn't increase from 680 (Zootopia) to some 900M OS (even considering China, SK and Japan wouldn't repeat those monster numbers neither going to zero).

Domestically, IO has increased from 356 to some 630ish (+270M). Not saying Zootopia 2 should do the same, but from 341M could easily go to 450ish DOM (even 500+ if there is a good screenplay backing it up).

On the other side, I'd admit that there's a better appealing on the IO story evolution (from a child's mind to a teenager's mind) rather than Zootopia (or even Shrek 5) that would present a totally different new story).

Damn Brazil is truly impressive, but on the other hand wtf is UK doing?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cannastop said:

I don't think this was the thought at the time. Inside Out when it came out it was my opinion that a sequel wouldn't be a good idea. I had no idea how big Inside Out 2 would be.

But Zootopia seems designed to be expanded upon, with its worldbuilding. But there are other factors going against it. Maybe the enthusiasm for cop stories isn't what it used to be.

Teen emotions are easiest to find traction. I am surprised why sequel was frowned upon. There is perspective among some that Pixar should only make originals despite making enormously successful sequels. 

Zoo 2 should be successful for sure but expecting any movie(including Shrek 5) to hit IO2 numbers is insane. That can only be predicted upon release. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rihrey said:

Was pretty sure it'd reach $900M, oh well. Looks like Deadpool affected it to an extent. -38% drop from last weekend.

I think maybe the actuals will be up , if it's around -35% with this , it's good with D&W impact. Also Japan next weekend. So 1,6B stays playable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

I think maybe the actuals will be up , if it's around -35% with this , it's good with D&W impact. Also Japan next weekend. So 1,6B stays playable.

I think $1.6B is pretty much guaranteed at this point, but reaching TLK19 and/or JW will be a challenge. We shall see what Japan does next week.

Let us not set new targets and make it disappointing because it did not hit that. Its beyond phenomenal what it has achieved. Both OW and great legs in domestic and OS markets. New All Time high benchmarks in many markets and it broke Pixar record in most markets except some mature markets and Asia where Incredibles probably has the advantage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Let us not set new targets and make it disappointing because it did not hit that. Its beyond phenomenal what it has achieved. Both OW and great legs in domestic and OS markets. New All Time high benchmarks in many markets and it broke Pixar record in most markets except some mature markets and Asia where Incredibles probably has the advantage. 

TLK19 and JW have been possible targets for a while now (even if nowhere near guaranteed), not really setting any new ones. It obviously wouldn't be a disappointment either way.

• Like 1

I have seen too many posts that spins IO2 as negative. Especially from few culprits in this. TLK always was a stretch and JW as well considering its OW was just 154.2m. It needed legs hitherto unseen for a sequel for a long time unless its a holiday release. 

The fact is its legs is better than 1st movie and OS legs have been crazy as well considering after OW we were thinking 650m+ china/japan. We went way higher. 

• Like 1

I have seen too many posts that spins IO2 as negative. Especially from few culprits in this. TLK always was a stretch and JW as well considering its OW was just 154.2m. It needed legs hitherto unseen for a sequel for a long time unless its a holiday release. 

The fact is its legs is better than 1st movie and OS legs have been crazy as well considering after OW we were thinking 650m+ china/japan. We went way higher. 

It's been a crazy run. I didn't mean to imply that it'd be a negative for the movie to miss TLK19, sorry if it came off that way.

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Clearly without China , IO2 would be higher than TLK and JW so it's already insane . Just Avengers Movie (+NWH) , Star Wars 7 and Cameron Movies made more.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Clearly without China , IO2 would be higher than TLK and JW so it's already insane . Just Avengers Movie (+NWH) , Star Wars 7 and Cameron Movies made more.

Plus TLK did 50m in Russia/Ukraine. I am sure IO2 would have broken out big in those 2 markets if things were "normal". 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rihrey said:

It's been a crazy run. I didn't mean to imply that it'd be a negative for the movie to miss TLK19, sorry if it came off that way.

I was not thinking about you. I would not name that culprit. But its not that difficult to figure out if you are active. 

Plus TLK did 50m in Russia/Ukraine. I am sure IO2 would have broken out big in those 2 markets if things were "normal". 

I saw that in Russia IO2 made 3M admissions, the second best for Hollywood movies since the beginning of the war but with 1 rouble = 0,01 dollars clearly it's nothing .

2 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

I saw that in Russia IO2 made 3M admissions, the second best for Hollywood movies since the beginning of the war but with 1 rouble = 0,01 dollars clearly it's nothing .

Those are not legal releases. They are showing pirated movie in theaters over there. We saw the same for Oppenheimer as well. They dont count towards movie BO as officially movies dont release over there. 

• Like 2