ChipDerby

X-Men '97 | 03/20/24 | Disney+

Unsure why there isn't a thread for this. I know this isn't a super TV heavy forum but...

X-Men '97 is an American animated television series created by Beau DeMayo for the streaming service Disney+, based on the Marvel Comics superhero team X-Men. It is a revival of X-Men: The Animated Series (1992–1997), continuing from where that series ends. It depicts the X-Men facing dangerous new challenges following the loss of their leader, Professor X. X-Men '97 is produced by Marvel Studios Animation, with DeMayo serving as head writer for the first two seasons, and Jake Castorena as supervising director.

I watched the original series, but haven't since I was a kid. First four episodes of this were all really good, with episode 3 being a standout.

Episode 5 though?

Not sure if I've ever cried this much over an animated tv show.

• Like 1

I watched the orignal series for the first time before starting this show and I mostly enjoyed it, but this show is on another level. It fixes almost everything I didn't like in the orginal.

But man Episode 5 legit left me shellshocked...

• Like 1

Think the reason there was no thread was because people just posted in the MCU thread but very nice to have a own thread. Wow. Agreed @Youngstar, this show is on a complete different level from the original. Have to see the last 5 episodes but it´s so far one of the best shows I´ve seen in a long time

• Like 1

The more time passes, the more that last ep stays in my mind. So much depth to the writing beyond the big moments in the episode. Really love how this show is much more mature than the original while at the same time staying true to the characters and themes of the original.

• Like 3

I was using the general Disney thread.

I'm not familiar with X-Men all that much but I watch each week; I kind of wish these were a touch longer but it's only a week to wait

I have Happy Nation stuck in my head now.

• Like 1

I texted my brother to watch it asap and he replied back after watching it in just absolute shock. He figured something big was coming when they arrived in Genosha, but he wasn't expecting THAT.

I have very little knowledge of what happens in the comics, so this was all a huge surprise to me and I'm terrified of what will happen next.

• Like 2

Episode 7 second best ep imo. Just fantastic. This show is way more legit and mature then I ever thought. Also a big surprise for me in this episode, don´t know if it was know as I´ve stayed mostly away from promotion. Wow these 3 eps is going to be insane

• Like 1