Flopped

THE SUBSTANCE | Coralie Fargeat body horror with Demi Moore

11 hours ago, cinema pal said:

So everyone loves it, but somehow there's fear it will not connect with wide audience? )

It won't. Even though it has a clear and easy to follow narrative, it's beyond insane. But it's more accessible than something like TITANE because the desire to be young and beautiful is a universal one. 

24 minutes ago, Eric the Marxist said:

lol my mom told me she wanted to see this with me because she's a big Demi Moore fan. Which like...valid, but um...I hope she's okay with the supposed insanity that unfolds. :lol:

Is there anyway to set up a camera to record her reaction? This is one movie which I’m dying to see reactions from people that are expecting some kind of Demi Moore movie.

4 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Is there anyway to set up a camera to record her reaction? This is one movie which I’m dying to see reactions from people that are expecting some kind of Demi Moore movie.

Well she knows it has a body horror thing going on, so she's not totally blind. And she does like "weird movies", especially if they won awards and have a good, feminist message she likes (Shape of Water, Poor Things). So hey! She'll probably like this, even when it gets to weirdo territory...I hope.

36 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I hope this isn't another Infinity Pool, another film critics loved but it ended up as something else that was marketed as that left me leaving the theater bitter.

fwiw, I hated infinity pool but loved this. just don't go in expecting jump scares or a 'scary' movie