Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

Had some time to kill so here’s adjusted too I guess:

I2 223M

Shrek 3 198M

Shrek 2 193M

Dory 173M

F2 158M

TS3 155M

Minions 152.5M

SMB 150M

TS4 147M

SLOP 134M //10th

Nemo 129M

Incredibles 126M

TS2 126M

M. inc. 123M

Simpsons 119.5M

IO1 119M

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

as good as IO2 will do , nothing else is coming out this week or next in the middle of Summer , wtf

Bikeriders erasure. Shameful.

Β 

Tom Hardy Motorcycle GIF by Focus Features

• Like 2

How come the emotions all have their own emotions? I’ve never been able to get square with that concept. Does Joy have emotions in her head, too?

Apparently Robot Dreams is actually supposed to expand wide next week but I'm still doubtful about how "wide" it really is.

Β 

Movie deserved a lot better than the afterthought treatment it's received from Neon.

Β 

Β 

Edited by AniNate

23 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

Had some time to kill so here’s adjusted too I guess:

I2 223M

Shrek 3 198M

Shrek 2 193M

Dory 173M

F2 158M

TS3 155M

Minions 152.5M

SMB 150M

TS4 147M

SLOP 134M //10th

Nemo 129M

Incredibles 126M

TS2 126M

M. inc. 123M

Simpsons 119.5M

IO1 119M

Shrek 2 is insanely impressive. Pretty sure it was the 2nd biggest opener at the time of release.

• Like 1

Just now, Skim Beeble said:

Shrek 2 is insanely impressive. Pretty sure it was the 2nd biggest opener at the time of release.

And it opened on a Wednesday! That run was fun to track on the old BOM forum.

Yeah shrek 2 was incredible. If you went by adjusted OWeek ranks or something similar to be a little more fair to nonstandard opening days, seasons, and older movies it would come to more like 325+

7 minutes ago, Chaz said:

And it opened on a Wednesday! That run was fun to track on the old BOM forum.

Reminder about Shrek 2, the move to Wednesday was very late and people freaked out with the low numbers.

Looking ahead to July, one film I’m really curious about is Longlegs. Neon usually sucks at releasing their movies in a manner that gets people’s attention but they’re going all out on this one in a manner that’s like a huge studio. They even got a ton of billboards up in LA including one with a phone number where you get Nic Cage on the other end when you call. Maybe this’ll give Neon a rare box office win.

Even with nothing big next week, might still be able to maintain a positive edge on the 2023 comp with how ecstatic Inside Out word of mouth seems to be and it looks like it might be opening big enough to give some good extra breathing room from the weekend comp.

Β 

Quiet place is a big unknown, but despicable me should give another boost the week after

Β 

Β 

Edited by AniNate