Eric is Quiet

Weekend Thread (6/21-23)

It seemed to be selling pretty well at my local theaters today so I'd be very surprised if the actuals are as low as deadline was thinking. I'd like to snuff out that last thing people are looking for this weekend to complain about.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Deadpool and joker 2 wont beat it neither Internationally nor domestically wont they ?

14 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Focus was smart to send Bikeriders to June. This works better as a summer movie than the winter/awards season release that 20th Century had.

Universal marketing > Disney marketing, generally speaking

3 minutes ago, Selma said:

Deadpool and joker 2 wont beat it neither Internationally nor domestically wont they ?

Deadpool and Joker getting their asses kicked by a little girl's emotions. 

• Haha 1

That Saturday hold would match elemental's last year and way better than Dory and I2's. Starting to wonder if it might actually beat I2 adjusted

Edited by AniNate

Wonder if Disney will fudge it if the weekend comes in at $99M. $100M second weekend would be a pretty significant milestone for Inside Out 2. 

6 minutes ago, Migs20242 said:

Congrats to Inside Out 2 in advance for Cinematic and Box Office Achievement at next year's Golden Globe.

The “Congrats on making money” Award. The most prestigious award a film can earn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Speedorito said:

The “Congrats on making money” Award. The most prestigious award a film can earn.

Barbie won it, so that award must be special.

• Thanks 1

Speaking of awards, and with the teaser having been released this week, A Real Pain seems like the type of thing that ends up winning Picture. I could imagine a situation where Blitz ends up winning Globe Drama while Pain wins Globe Comedy and they split Director and Picture at the Oscar's.

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Deadpool and Joker getting their asses kicked by a little girl's emotions. 

I mean this will be the 8th animated movie to do 400m+ DOM I think and as of yet no R rated movies have so not surprising except for the fact that even two weeks ago people still did not think IO 2 would even open much past 90. And I still think DP and W has a strong chance to do 400+ DOM if it catches the wave for it's audience the way IO2 is right now for it's. Joker eh not so much. October is a little tougher  for that to happen for any movie let alone a R rated movie.

2 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Speaking of awards, and with the teaser having been released this week, A Real Pain seems like the type of thing that ends up winning Picture. I could imagine a situation where Blitz ends up winning Globe Drama while Pain wins Globe Comedy and they split Director and Picture at the Oscar's.

Is it normal for Blitz to not have a distributor at this point in the year? I’d understand if was a smaller film, but it’s from Apple and has a four-time Oscar nominee.

The criteria for Golden Globe Award for Cinematic and Box Office Achievement

To be eligible for nomination, a film must have grossed $150 million with at least $100 million grossed in the U.S., or have garnered “commensurate digital streaming viewership recognized by trusted industry sources.” Films released between November 22 and the end of the year may qualify based on projected box office performance or streaming views. From the eligible films, nominees and winners are voted for based on excellence.

So the 2025 nominations would be Inside Out 2, Deadpool and Wolverine, Despicable Me 4, Joker 2, Dune Part 2, Twister, Bad Boys Ride or Die, and Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.

Edited by Migs20242

8 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I am losing faith in Blitz i think Denis IS probably gonna win directing while a Real pain or sing sing wins picture