kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Actuals | 57.52M INSIDE OUT II | 52.20M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.05M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

6 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

They believe they just have to get people in the door and everything will be perfectly fine afterwards.

Don't think they're wrong when it comes to a franchise that typically makes $300mil WW on a $67 mil budget. 

Edited by AniNate

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

So are theaters dead yet?

Yes. Despite the fact that theaters are struggling/closing and the entertainment industry is contracting, absolutely everything is fine due to Day One’s overperformance on opening weekend. We did it!

There’s slight optimism and then there’s burying your head extremely deep in the sand every weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric is Quiet said:

Moderation

We aren't doing this "the trades are lying about Quiet Place's budget" nonsense. Anyone who continues this will see a thread ban.

How about the person who started it gets a thread ban? Considering they do this exact same thing every other weekend, maybe it’s time something is, y’know, actually done about it. 

• Like 2

Just now, AniNate said:

Who exactly is doing this?

…It should be pretty obvious, shouldn’t it? But I guess I would say a large amount of people here who don’t look at overall trends, don’t listen to what people in the industry say about its situation, or complain every week about people talking about the overall box office on…a box office site.

Just now, AniNate said:

I'm not talking about those cases, I'm talking about this one 

Ok? I wasn’t. I wasn’t just talking about Day One, I was talking about studios/films in general. The person I replied to even mentioned The Exorcism as another example.

Don’t butt in if you don’t understand what people are talking about.

14 minutes ago, Eric is Quiet said:

Very curious now about what Part II would have opened to if COVID never happened. Because I was thinking somewhere in the 60s, but if a prequel with none of the main cast is getting to the mid 50s or higher? Then maybe this could have done 70+. Or 80+

I’ve always been of the opinion that Part II would have hit 200M+ DOM and 400M+ WW minimum.

• Like 1

Should hopefully still be above last year if the estimates hold, then the yellow pills will add another good boost next week.

Not looking any further ahead than that right now, I can only hope moon does a lot better artistically and financially than the promotion indicates